Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,658 times)

Frosty98B

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 06, 2017, 06:29:33 PM
Props to the "skinner" for that model, I used to do a lot of that Myself a few years ago for a flight sim named "IL2 Sturmovik" so I know it can take a long time and people never really know or notice all the details you obsess over :)
Yeah, unfortunately, he had also made some really cool details which had to be removed in order to keep the resemblance with the movie APC. :( Which IL-2 game did you make those for? The original one or some of the later titles, if I may ask?

N-Shifter

Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 06, 2017, 08:14:31 PM
Props to the "skinner" for that model, I used to do a lot of that Myself a few years ago for a flight sim named "IL2 Sturmovik" so I know it can take a long time and people never really know or notice all the details you obsess over :)
Yeah, unfortunately, he had also made some really cool details which had to be removed in order to keep the resemblance with the movie APC. :( Which IL-2 game did you make those for? The original one or some of the later titles, if I may ask?

I made them from the original game up to and including "IL21946".

Here's template I made from start to finish of a MKXIV Spitfire (the old links in that forum don't work so I've had to link part 2 here).

Part 1:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nightshifter/the-template-process-in-pictures-part-1-t89.html

Part 2:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nightshifter/the-template-process-in-pictures-part-2-t88.html

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 07, 2017, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 06, 2017, 08:14:31 PM

I made them from the original game up to and including "IL21946".

Here's template I made from start to finish of a MKXIV Spitfire (the old links in that forum don't work so I've had to link part 2 here).

Part 1:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nightshifter/the-template-process-in-pictures-part-1-t89.html

Part 2:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nightshifter/the-template-process-in-pictures-part-2-t88.html
Looks pretty neat - especially the tail wings. How much time did it take you to finish it? :o

N-Shifter

Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 07, 2017, 07:00:06 PM
Looks pretty neat - especially the tail wings. How much time did it take you to finish it? :o

Probably a couple of weeks from start to finish, was a lot of work - too time consuming which is one of the reasons I gave it up lol

Frosty98B

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 07, 2017, 07:31:27 PM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 07, 2017, 07:00:06 PM

Probably a couple of weeks from start to finish, was a lot of work - too time consuming which is one of the reasons I gave it up lol
Ahh, I sympathise with you. xD

Frosty98B

Merry Christmas, AVPG community! From the Acheron dev team, we wish You a great time and thank You for all the support that we've received on this forum so far and for sticking with us the whole time. :)

Olde

Thank you, Frosty. I am keeping an eye on updates even if I don't post or respond to them. Let me know if you ever need an alpha tester or playtester.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 23, 2017, 11:26:31 PM
Merry Christmas, AVPG community! From the Acheron dev team, we wish You a great time and thank You for all the support that we've received on this forum so far and for sticking with us the whole time. :)

I love it!  :laugh: Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your team. Looking forward to seeing all the progress you'll make next year.  :)

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Olde on Dec 24, 2017, 07:04:51 PM
Thank you, Frosty. I am keeping an eye on updates even if I don't post or respond to them. Let me know if you ever need an alpha tester or playtester.
Many thanks, Olde. I really hope that we'll be able to release the first version of the mod sometimes next year, maybe the next Christmas. So even though it might not be anytime soon, I'll defintiely let you know when the mod's ready to be tested! ;)
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2017, 09:20:37 PM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Dec 23, 2017, 11:26:31 PM

I love it!  :laugh: Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your team. Looking forward to seeing all the progress you'll make next year.  :)
Thank you, Hicks, and also sorry for the late reply, guys. :-\
I also have a question for all of you. It'd be great if we managed to fill all 6 item slots in the kit customisation menu (from which you'll be able to choose two items to use in the battle) and as it's a Battlefield mod and Battlefield games are known for the teamwork-based gameplay, I thought that adding a medkit couldn't hurt the mod. Despite I wasn't able to find any medkit in the whole movie, there is a medical device that Dietrich inspects Newt with.

Would you like to see such a thing in the mod? And as it obviously isn't made for literally healing people, would you mind being able to heal teammates with it?

Corporal Hicks

It wouldn't induce any nerd rage in me. Nothing wrong with some artistic license.

Kailem

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me. Having a medic/med kit, especially in a Battlefield mod, seems like an important if not essential addition to something like that, and since that's the closest thing we get to an actual med kit in the movie I say go with it.

In fact I'd actually appreciate the attention to detail that you'd actually be basing it on that device from the movie, rather than potentially being put off that you'd made something up from scratch etc. Like Hicks said, nothing wrong with a bit of artistic licence, especially when just about every Alien or Predator game has had some to varying degrees.

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Great, thanks guys! ;) I like Your justification of it, Kailem. :)

On behalf of the Acheron dev team, I'd like to wish all of You supportive and creative AVPGalaxy guys a happy new year. May the 2018 be a year of great success and daring choices with a great payoff for all of You and may it also bring us a satisfying number of new Alien, Predator and AVP things of all kinds, whether released or just announced! :D

This image should feature all the new things that we've managed to make during the year 2017, from the March 4th when I began to model the M41A pulse rifle as the sole developer to the December 31st when the texture artist sent me the textured pulse rifle and our team already consisted of seven people, each one of whom has brought a unique skill and talent. Hmm, funny that it all began and ended with the pulse rifle... ???
Of course, the image features neither all the new sounds and music that the animator and the music artist made nor any of the epic levels (or maps, if you will) that the current leader of the Star Wars themed Battlefield 2142 mod First Strike generously offered us to use until we make enough of our own maps. But I hope that You like it anyway and that my Photoshop skills aren't that bad. :laugh: And again a BIG thanks to all of You for sticking with us the whole time. Now that our team is already complete in the beginning of this year, we should be able to make much more content and make it much more effectively and maybe, just maybe, the miracle will happen and we'll manage to bring you the release of the mod's first version this year. :)

Frosty98B

I'm sorry for the bad quality but making videos with the Windows Movie Maker is just freaking impossible.

PVTDukeMorrison

looks slick, any plans to incorporate any sort of sights in the carry handle?

Hemi

Yeah, you could do it like we did on the killing floor mod and hide them in the handle. Looking good

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed