Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 42,050 times)

Frosty98B

Not sure if anyone still reads this but here's another update: the recon class' portable heat sink from the USCM Technical Manual. Due to some problems regarding item unlocking we've decided to keep four different classes like the vanilla game: Recon, Assault, Medic (replacing the vanilla Engineer), Support.

The Assault class of BF2142 had Medic class' abilities and the Engineer was a standalone class. In Acheron, this will be swapped to make it resemble the movie more.

Still Collating...

Appreciate the update and any news! What other items/weapons from the CM:TM are planned or considered? 

Frosty98B

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 30, 2018, 06:36:45 PM
Appreciate the update and any news! What other items/weapons from the CM:TM are planned or considered?
Ohh, many thanks! Right now we'd like to add four items from the TM: the M42A Scope Rifle, M4A3 pistol (which is basically the the real-life M1911), the portable heat sink and the M5 bounding mine (which only appears on a simple sketch but I'd like to base its design on the cylindrical item on the chest of the sniper on the concept above - it doesn't look that different from the real life bounding mines after all).
All of these CM: TM items should be used by the Recon class (which is basically a sniper) so if anyone wouldn't like the expanded universe stuff, they could simply ignore this class.
We'd also love to add more things like the Phased Plasma Infantry Gun, M5 RPG, M112 HIMAT missile system and many armoured vehicles in later updates. Some comic weapons which would only appear on specific comic-based maps are also something that I'd personally love to add.

There are some really ambitous goals. :D

This sheet shows what the loadout of each class in the mod should look like as well as what movie character's loadout it has been based on. (The Ultimate Badass is a pickup kit idea.)

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Bringing a little update...

Due to the impossibility of accessing unlockable items without the master server, we've realised that the original idea of having just one basic class with unlockable weapons and items couldn't work.

Instead, we've agreed on keeping the original four classes (but swapping the engineer for a medic).
The images below illustrate what each class will use (also notice the progress bars on the right).

(*the recon's day night goggles could later be a part of a new soldier model but until then won't have any standalone model)
The last item of each class is only usable by a squad leader.
The medical and ammo supplies will be throwable items with only a limited resupplying/healing capability. The medical hub and the welding torch will provide an unlimited healing/repairing. Vehicles will be the source of unlimited ammo resupply, so keeping them safe will be important.
Lastly, the assault's techinician kit and recon's heat sink won't do anything directly. The techinician kit will be more of physical representation of the assault's ability to open some gates (that the other classes won't be able to) in the later updates while the heat sink should be more of a representation of the recon's invisibility on the thermal vision. Or at least, that's the plan right now.

Also, I know I'm three days late but happy Alien Day!
...still don't understand why it's called Alien DAY - after all, they mostly come at night... :-\ Mostly...
;D

Frosty98B

Medic's healing items.

Still Collating...

This is looking nice. Loving the attention to detail you're bringing to this mod. Didn't know of Battlefield 2142 before this and after watching videos of the game, I just might try it out, looks like a lot of fun.

Frosty98B

Quote from: Still Collating... on May 06, 2018, 11:36:44 AM
This is looking nice. Loving the attention to detail you're bringing to this mod. Didn't know of Battlefield 2142 before this and after watching videos of the game, I just might try it out, looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks so much, mate! I can only recommend the game - it's a really unique experience, even for a Battlefield title (mainly in the multiplayer tough). In case you'll really try it out sometime soon, you might want to check out the Reclamation fix, for the online experience. :)

Still Collating...

Thanks! Good to know. A good Sci-Fi shooter always peaks my interests. If I have free time soon, I'd really like to try the game out.

Frosty98B

Sorry for the long period of silence. We should soon be able to show You some in-game screenshots of more items. Until then, here's a work in progress image of the VP70. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Glad to see you're still around. Looking good!

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Incinerator Unit (work in progress):

The Old One

The Old One

Glad to see you're still working on this.

Frosty98B

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 10, 2018, 08:38:06 AM
Glad to see you're still working on this.
The development will probably get even slower now as I'll attend a university but we definitely won't stop working on the mod. :D

The flamethrower model is completed.
I know images of models aren't really that interesting, so I'll try and record some short gameplay with the M577 APC to demonstrate its movement and firepower, although the vehicle still needs tons of fixes.

N-Shifter

Can't wait to see some gameplay, great work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed