AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 43,034 times)

Corporal Hicks

Jesus Christ, talk about making mountains out of molehills, Nick. Let's leave it please. Obviously the editor is going to trim down the uhms and ahhs and obviously Scott isn't going to sit there thinking "best not say uhhhm or ahhh." They're completely moot points.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2017, 04:58:11 PM
I think his shirt only had the Predator hieroglyphics on, nothing overt? Now, if you wanted to show us how much guts you have, you would have worn a Blade Runner crew t-shirt to the interview.  :P

Haha. Definitely wasn't going to happen. Barely had 5 minutes with him, didn't want that reduced.  :P I had so many questions for him. I was so disappointed it just flew by.

SiL

Oooh, one thing I forgot to mention! A piece of interesting information did make it to the cutting room floor (largely for technical reasons): Bichir stated that his character was actually impregnated through the burn on his cheek!

Corporal Hicks

Which I thought was pretty silly, if I do say so myself.

SiL

Personally, I agree -- and to be perfectly honest I'm not at all convinced that was even the intention -- but if it was that's about the only clue we have of it.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2017, 07:21:59 AM
Jesus Christ, talk about making mountains out of molehills, Nick.

It's not like he wasn't making mountains, as well. At the very least, he called me a twat. But I guess he gets a pass because my comment is moot. No matter. You're the captain of this ship and I defer to your authority and wisdom, Hicks.

It all reminds me of Hamlet and Laertes fighting in Ophelia's grave. Both are players with parts in that feud, even if Hamlet tries in that heated moment to one-up his bereaved friend:

'Swounds, show me what thou'lt do.
Woo't weep? Woo't fight? Woo't fast? Woo't tear thyself?
Woo't drink up eisel, eat a crocodile?
I'll do 't. Dost thou come here to whine,
To outface me with leaping in her grave?
Be buried quick with her?—and so will I.
And if thou prate of mountains let them throw
Millions of acres on us, till our ground,
Singeing his pate against the burning zone,
Make Ossa like a wart! Nay, an thou'lt mouth,
I'll rant as well as thou (Shakespeare 5.1.252-264).

Corporal Hicks

SiL was actually very pleasant with dealing with your comments. As I said earlier, enough of this now. I don't care for the tit-tat of these "but he said" posts. There's a report function if you have issues with folk. Let's ensure the boards remain mature and adult, not looking like a transcript of a school playground. Any more derailing will just be deleted.

stroggificated

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2017, 07:44:48 AM
Oooh, one thing I forgot to mention! A piece of interesting information did make it to the cutting room floor (largely for technical reasons): Bichir stated that his character was actually impregnated through the burn on his cheek!

:D I'm done with this movie series.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Given that these press junkets are probably real grinds for these folks, I was impressed with the attention paid to your questions by Fassbender.   You articulated yourself well; I'd've been gob-struck...  ;)

Zaxxon64

The CGI in Covenant was absolutely inexcusable and was really disappointing for many fans.  This in my opinion is  hurting modern sci fi in general. Movies like Alien and Blade runner did not rely on CGI and  had the feel of an extended play. I believe that studios are reluctant to make a movie without special effects because of the cost and ingenuity involved.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2017, 07:44:48 AM

Ugh! What! Oh for f**k's sake what is this AvP:R?

Oh I long for the days of Prometheus. The days of ideas, vision and heart. Who gives a shit about xeno varieties in terms of looks and method of impregnation and bursting.

"This time, kids, it comes out the back!"

426Buddy

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 14, 2017, 12:44:45 PM
Given that these press junkets are probably real grinds for these folks, I was impressed with the attention paid to your questions by Fassbender.   You articulated yourself well; I'd've been gob-struck...  ;)

Yeah i thought Scott looked exhausted in this and a few other interviews.

Protozoid

Quote from: Zaxxon64 on Jun 14, 2017, 01:13:50 PM
The CGI in Covenant was absolutely inexcusable and was really disappointing for many fans.  This in my opinion is  hurting modern sci fi in general. Movies like Alien and Blade runner did not rely on CGI and  had the feel of an extended play. I believe that studios are reluctant to make a movie without special effects because of the cost and ingenuity involved.
It wasn't that bad, but I need to see it again. Most of the ships and environments were beautifully done. The creatures were a bit dodgy, but maybe they were a victim of the release date change? It's always a bit weird when a classic movie gets a modern sequel/prequel. It takes the mind a minutes to adjust to the presence of CGI. Unfortunately, that took me out of the movie once or twice, but to be fair, that's my own problem. They did what made sense for the budget and time they had. I don't want to knock their hard work, but I do miss the practical beast. The David/Walter scenes were seamless to my eyes.

D. Compton Ambrose

Excellent interviews Hicks, and good job on the editing, SM (I understand you did the best you could with Ridley's recalcitrant ranting lmao).

juxtapose

juxtapose

i adore ridley. .love him to bits. .but his accent is heavy and i will have to watch this interview a few times to understand exactly what he is saying. .i thought waterston was great and she seemed to be a rather easy person to confront. .. .just so friendly and fun. .probably the least intimadating of all these prople. .and when i say intimadating. .i mean it in the best possible way. .she seems like the type of person that can set you at ease. .great job hicks. .i suffer a bit from anxiety and in your shoes i would have been sweating buckets from my palms and would have had a severe tremble in my voice. .i thought i noticed a slight nervous pitch in your voice on one or two occations. .lol. .but great job . .u held your composure quite well!

SM

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jun 14, 2017, 05:36:33 PM
Excellent interviews Hicks, and good job on the editing, SM (I understand you did the best you could with Ridley's recalcitrant ranting lmao).

SiL did the editing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed