AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 43,079 times)

SM

SM

NickisPassAg?

Zaxxon64

The original movie was superb. I think Dan O'bannon would have been the only writer qualified to write any sequel to the movie. Its to bad Ridley took all the mystery away from Giger's magnificent creations.

Nostromo

This: Zaxxon64 Posted about 3 hours ago
The original movie was superb. I think Dan O'bannon would have been the only writer qualified to write any sequel to the movie. Its to bad Ridley took all the mystery away from Giger's magnificent creations.

And this: Covenant sucked.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 12, 2017, 12:53:40 PM
It would've been funny the cast were interviewed by a guy in a Predator costume, I'd imagine Ridley would storm off.

I made sure not to mention the world Predator.  :laugh: Matt Hatton, one of the artists on Covenant wore a Predator shirt on set one day, but Scott didn't say anything to him about it.  :laugh:

I think his shirt only had the Predator hieroglyphics on, nothing overt? Now, if you wanted to show us how much guts you have, you would have worn a Blade Runner crew t-shirt to the interview.  :P

Zaxxon64

Yea I also wrote that as a life long fan of Alien I thought Prometheus and Covenant were totally disappointing and our good friends here at AvP galaxy deleted my post.  ???

Corporal Hicks

I just checked and didn't see any disapproved posts from yourself saying you were disappointed with the film. Apologies either way.

SM

Quote from: Zaxxon64 on Jun 13, 2017, 01:07:45 PM

Den of Geek interview...
QuoteDid you even see the first Alien Vs. Predator film?

Yeah, sure, I saw it.

What did you think of it?

Videogame. I did have an idea that they didn't use, and that was that the alien in his next phase turns into the predator. But they weren't interested in hearing from me...at least it would have had some continuity between the two ideas.

BishopShouldGo

OK, did O'Bannon and Shusett really co-write the story of AvP with Paul Anderson?

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 13, 2017, 08:53:35 PM
OK, did O'Bannon and Shusett really co-write the story of AvP with Paul Anderson?

No, they didn't. Peter Briggs told me that this quote from Anderson is what got them a credit for the film.

Protozoid

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 13, 2017, 09:13:08 PM

No, they didn't. Peter Briggs told me that this quote from Anderson is what got them a credit for the film.

http://i.imgur.com/v6wVPMi.png
Thanks for that. Hopefully that corrects the misperception that Prometheus stole from AvP. Hardcore Alien fans knew about the deleted pyramid from Alien, and that AvP was a really poor delivery of those ideas.

echobbase79

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2017, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Zaxxon64 on Jun 13, 2017, 01:07:45 PM

Den of Geek interview...
QuoteDid you even see the first Alien Vs. Predator film?

Yeah, sure, I saw it.

What did you think of it?

Videogame. I did have an idea that they didn't use, and that was that the alien in his next phase turns into the predator. But they weren't interested in hearing from me...at least it would have had some continuity between the two ideas.

Sometimes I wonder if he meant turning the Alien into a Predalien and not actually morphing the beast into a Predator? But the quote is pretty direct, so I'd probably say the latter.

BishopShouldGo

Very interesting, thank you.

Protozoid

I'm still confused as to why Spaihts and Lindelof aren't credited on Covenant.

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 09:20:59 PM

Thanks for that. Hopefully that corrects the misperception that Prometheus stole from AvP. Hardcore Alien fans knew about the deleted pyramid from Alien, and that AvP was a really poor delivery of those ideas.

It's funny but Paul W.S. Anderson copy a lot from Sir Ridley Scott and James Cameron. Anderson is very mediocre so his copies are bad quality.

Paul W.S. Anderson said SOLDIER was inspired by BLADE RUNNER. He said EVENT HORIZON was inspired by 2001(Stanley Kubrick) too.

BishopShouldGo

lol oh Paul, who are you kidding. You just like slime, guns and monster costumes. That's all you talk about. Characters whaaaaat? Characters?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed