AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 43,360 times)

Protozoid

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 13, 2017, 02:41:21 AM
The problem is time.

Sir Ridley Scott is AMAZING in his DVD and Blu-Ray Commentaries. Actually, he is The Best Director in those Long Commentaries. Sir Ridley is really funny too.

But he needs time. He is really bad in these short interviews.
I appreciate the work that was done to edit these interviews, but I have to wonder what the advantage is in cutting down Ridley's replies. This isn't a documentary playing in theaters, so pacing isn't a concern, and I wouldn't presume to edit Scott for coherence. I've listened to his commentaries a lot, and he's quite lucid when allowed to answer in full. He isn't a man of words, but he does grasp ideas and tends to see connections where other people might not. It's a characteristic of his type of genius.

SiL

Scott's replies were only cut down for basic clarity - ums, ahs, pauses, stammering. The usual.

BishopShouldGo

It was... extreme! It was very extreme. I'm uh try n' do that again next year butmuchwooooorse.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM
<p>In early May, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy had the opportunity to attend the global premiere of Alien: Covenant in Liecester Square, London. The following day we were also invited to attend the press junket and put across some questions to several cast members (including Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Billy Crudup) and Sir Ridley Scott!</p><p>Ridley Scott talks the meaning of the title Covenant, Danny McBride gives some dubious parenting tips utilizing Aliens and Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender and Ridley Scott. Check out the interviews in full down below!</p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kq2Caq2O6DI?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0QFSeMVQNc4?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0gz6ZvdRTaY?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p>I would just like to thank 20th Century Fox for inviting us to the event and to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy’s very own SiL for editing these videos for us.</p><p>Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/avpgalaxy" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Twitter </a>and <a href="https://www.instagram.com/alienvspredatorgalaxy/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Instagram</a> to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also <a href="http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=56.0">join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums</a>!</p><p><a href="http://www.avpgalaxy.net/?p=36921">Link To Post</a>
Wow man, much respect, by the way I noticed you got Surface Pro pen :D Do you have Surface Pro 4? coz I got it too ;)

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 02:55:51 AM
Scott's replies were only cut down for basic clarity - ums, ahs, pauses, stammering. The usual.

Plenty of people do that. Maybe Scott has other things on his mind than making an editor's life easy. :)

SiL

???

Did you think I was attacking him or something? Every interview you watch is edited for those things. Every other actor needed it too. I was just clarifying what was edited from his response.

PsyKore

I really like Crudup. I haven't known him before Covenant, but I've been impressed with him as an actor. I wish they could've utilised his character more in the film. I think he'll go down as one of the few actors in the series that we wish we got to see more of.

SiL

I could've listened to Crudup for hours. Out of all the actors he seemed most into the whole thing. Waterstone was lovely too, but Crudup could take about any question and turn it into a really interesting insight into the whole process.

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 04:44:58 AM
???

Did you think I was attacking him or something? Every interview you watch is edited for those things. Every other actor needed it too. I was just clarifying what was edited from his response.

Chill, home slice. I know how editing works. Regardless, if I thought you were attacking him, I would have simply said, "SiL, I think you're attacking him." But, I didn't say that, now did I?

SiL

SiL

No, you didn't; instead you made a strangely passive aggressive remark about him having other things on his mind than "making an editor's life easy", as though he needed defending from something I'd said.

(Also to clarify, everything Scott says does actually make an interesting soundbite and could provide great information for, say, a documentary, as he does provide insight -- the issue is that because it's presented in the context of the question asked, it becomes strange. The information itself is good, it's just ... delivered at a weird time.)

TropicalXeno

I don't know why you and a lot of other people think, you're a director, producer, writer of the Alien Movies and lets not forget professional critic too, can we like the movies for what they are.

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 08:02:16 AM
No, you didn't; instead you made a strangely passive aggressive remark about him having other things on his mind than "making an editor's life easy", as though he needed defending from something I'd said.

Well, Scott certainly doesn't need defending from you (that would require you to pose an actual threat).

On the other hand, can't a man simply make a passing comment, and not have it be interpreted as an attack, around here? Think about what I said, in general, rather than assuming it's an attack leveled at you. Or don't. Be insecure, if you like.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 13, 2017, 04:57:47 AM
I really like Crudup. I haven't known him before Covenant, but I've been impressed with him as an actor. I wish they could've utilised his character more in the film. I think he'll go down as one of the few actors in the series that we wish we got to see more of.
Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 07:43:45 AM
I could've listened to Crudup for hours. Out of all the actors he seemed most into the whole thing. Waterstone was lovely too, but Crudup could take about any question and turn it into a really interesting insight into the whole process.

Before the Covenant I haven't taken notice of him, but it turned out I actually had seen some movies with him, namely Almost Famous and Big Fish. After seeing the film for the first time and talking to my wife I was surprised at myself that after Fassbender I namechecked Crudup as an actor and a character which I really thought was a stand-out in the film. And my second viewing only cemented it. I love this guy's demeanor, his timbre of voice and his insights. He not only played a fascinating character but he himself is a fascinating person and he really brought a lot of his own idiosyncracies into Oram's character because from what I read elsewhere he wasn't all that interested in this role when he first read this script.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 13, 2017, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 08:02:16 AM

Well, Scott certainly doesn't need defending from you (that would require you to pose an actual threat).

On the other hand, can't a man simply make a passing comment, and not have it be interpreted as an attack, around here? Think about what I said, in general, rather than assuming it's an attack leveled at you. Or don't. Be insecure, if you like.

Guys, let us all chill...I'd gladly have you come over at my place and settle any differences by the bottle of Jager.

NickisSmart

SiL

Your comment was aimed at me and doesn't really make any sense as a 'passing statement'. I mentioned what was cut, and you start bringing up him not caring about making an editor's life easy. That's not passing, dude, that's targeted. What insight were you trying to impart, exactly? What else were you possibly going to contribute with the comment?

Unless bizarre nonsequiters is your thing...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed