Metro: Exodus

Started by Darkness, Jun 12, 2017, 07:02:53 AM

Author
Metro: Exodus (Read 1,380 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Randomizer

Randomizer

I stumble upon this mid-way and when I realize what it is...goddamn. I wasn't expecting this one bit. That's probably it for me at this E3.

And it's even a continuation of Metro 2035, not an adaptation of it. :-*

EDIT: (The trailer pretty much spoils the ending of 2035 save for the "big reveals")

Spoiler
I wonder if we'll ever see what happened to the Moscow Metro...whichever year this is...but I suppose not. Artyom is well out of town by the end of the book and I presume the game will start in some other place, a village maybe. Good opportunity to start fresh. Poor Artyom & Anna were headed to freakin' Vladivostok. :laugh:
[close]

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/11/15779688/metro-exodus-xbox-e3

A few more things:

• The game spans a whole year, with each season bringing changes.
  • The good ending of Metro Last Light is canon as Artyom remains the protagonist (not sure if the Dark Ones intervened or are we following 2035's storyline).
  • The game will start in Moscow and there will be multiple survivors (oddly enough, Rangers). We do not know who they are, where or why are they going (again, small changes between book and game canon).
  • The train is called "Aurora".
  • There will be a mix of open-world on the surface with linear environments underground, akin to the other games.

Gate

Gate

This was such a great surprise. I can't wait. Metro is the only game series so far where each game was as good as the first.

Randomizer

Randomizer

(Original version is age-restricted while the rest are not, God knows why)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEljXm3OpI&app=desktop

A few interesting things:

- the scene where Artyom tunes the radio, Chapter 1 of Metro 2035, not what I thought but avid readers' imagination can hardly be beaten  :P

- at 1:53 there's a train chase between the Aurora (single) and a Hanza train (written on it).

Could make for an interesting action scene because

Spoiler
in the book the Invisible Watchers let them go but again, game differences. I was also curious about who the Rangers onboard are - so there is turmoil in the Metro after all and the Order remains split?
[close]

- stick till the end and you will see a glimpse at what looks like Vladivostok - the endgame, heh  ;)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Not really new information but I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.metrothegame.com/world/winter/

Three more trailers to come until release - Spring, Summer & Autumn. Few interesting images.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Just picked it up today. I'll give my impressions once I've spent some time on it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Atmosphere: 200/10
Voice acting: 7.5/10
Gameplay: 8.5/10
Sound:9.5/10
Plot:50/10
Progression and replayability: 1000/10.

This game has been a blast so far. I am a quest completionist. Without spoiling anything, I did a good task for a child who had just lost a parent and only had one entire thing in the world connected to that parent. I made it my mission to brave the wilds of the irradiated swamp to find that very object. The task of acquiring it was very interesting. Not sure if multiple approaches were viable, but my strategy worked just fine.

Scavenging isn't just an option. It's survival. Without it, you can't scrounge up medkits, gun cleaning oil, or other much needed supplies. And without any of this stuff...you'll end up another corpse rotting in the snow. Each weapon broken down, every med kit made, every upgrade acquired...are all strategic choices.

Good guy Artyom.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed