Covenant's Creature FX

Started by juxtapose, Jun 11, 2017, 01:21:41 PM

What did you think of the creature Fx  in Covenant?

Excellent!
24 (25.3%)
Very good, with slight room for improvement.
33 (34.7%)
Felt adequite but underwelming.
29 (30.5%)
Very poor, my eyes nearly bled!
9 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author
Covenant's Creature FX (Read 13,952 times)

juxtapose

juxtapose

Personally i don't get the hatred towards the creature cgi or fx. .whatever it's called. .this poll is to determine the  quality of both the xeno and the neo. .oh and don't forget the facehuggers and new chestbursters either. We know it was mostly cgi with little or no practical effects. .so what did the end result look like in your opinion?

Scorpio

Scorpio

I had no problem at all with it.  I thought the shots were excellent and well done.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I didn't hate it, but it was kind of underwhelming for me. I like some shots though (the cargo bay). I also like the design of both neomorphs and xeno/protomorph.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I thought it was all very good, if the CGI (although looking good) hadn't been so overly relied upon for the alien at the end, I would have said it was all excellent.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Mixed bag for me.

Neoburster: great
Young Neomorph: pretty good
Adult Neomorph: amazing
Egg: different look for the series, but an improvement in my opinion
Facehugger: flawless
Chestburster: awful
Xenomorph: fake looking, both in terms of movement and rendering

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Can fault many things in the movie but not the creature stuff. Everything was top of the line and especially the adult Neomorph

Scorpio

Scorpio

And don't forget the facehugger embryos, very cute.

juxtapose

juxtapose

Personally i loved everything in terms of creature design,animation and rendering. .i think the xeno was perhaps the hardest to pull of. .had no problem with it's overall look and behaviour. .it was refreshing to see it move and behave differently. .alhought while it was standing erect . .tee he he. .it looked rather proud and majestic as well. .would have liked another shot like that. .odly enought i never thought that missing scene from the second trailer, with it bouncing towards the camera was that great. .too fast and badly lit. .had absolutely no problem with the baby xeno. .it did not just seem like a mini version of the adult. .the head for instance was even more elongated and the tiny teeth and transparent bits in the arms was a nice touch. .the facehuggers with their tentacle like tail movement was pure perfection!

bobby brown

bobby brown

The Neomorphs where OK. The xenomorph I felt was lacklustre. Animated very fast and unconvincing.
And about the new Burster creatures, I kept thinking how much better Alien 3 did it.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

The lack of the back burster rod puppet really bothered me. I mean they were "for reference" but the design looked far smaller (and better), with clever editing they could have done it. The CGI just looked...off.

Gash

Gash

Only thing I didn't like was the interior of the egg. 79's version looked a hundred times better. Covenants open egg was more reminiscent of the Resurrection ones - which weren't the worst, but no replacement for Nottihgnam Lace and other abattoir oddments.

nanison

nanison

I especially didn't like the young aliens. They all looked cute.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 11, 2017, 02:30:55 PM
Can fault many things in the movie but not the creature stuff. Everything was top of the line and especially the adult Neomorph

Agree here. The creatures were pretty good. I would have loved more suit work though, personally there's something more creepy about the thing actually standing there.

I'd have liked more shots of the Alien in particular. The reveal of it just coming down from the roof was a bit lame. The two shots of it standing upright were probably my favourites.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Highland on Jun 12, 2017, 01:07:51 AM

I'd have liked more shots of the Alien in particular. The reveal of it just coming down from the roof was a bit lame. The two shots of it standing upright were probably my favourites.

I loved when it jumped down from the ceiling and tore through that dude, one of my favorite parts.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 12, 2017, 01:10:51 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 12, 2017, 01:07:51 AM

I loved when it jumped down from the ceiling and tore through that dude, one of my favorite parts.

Mmm, I don't mind that happening, I just think I'd have preferred another intro, something creepy, like when the Neo is standing looking at David.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed