Was Aliens vs. Predator Requiem too dark?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 10, 2017, 01:35:37 AM

Was Aliens vs. Predator Requiem too dark?

Could barely see! What is that bloody blob in the blackness?
Perfectly fine! The darker the better!
Author
Was Aliens vs. Predator Requiem too dark? (Read 9,731 times)

LastSurvivor92

I thought it was honestly a tad too dark at times. I should of wore my sunglasses at night watching this film. Probably wouldn't of made any difference  8) 8)

SM

Yes.

Scorpio

If you're watching the dvd it's too dark.  The bluray is perfectly fine, however.  Good detail in the blacks.

426Buddy

The darkness was a problem when i watched it in theaters and on the bluray as well.

Although its probably a good thing. Actually seeing more of the film would only make it worse.

The happy alien

It was a bit too dark but I prefer that than a too shiny one

Alionic

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2017, 03:41:29 AM
If you're watching the dvd it's too dark.  The bluray is perfectly fine, however.  Good detail in the blacks.

Any word on when AVPR in 4k gets released?  ;D

Shinawi

It was so dark that I don't remember much of the movie except for the darkness.

The movie was all over for me when the blonde girlfriend was gone.

Scorpio

The darkness makes the cgi effects look better.  Back in 2007, the software was not as sophisticated, they still can't reproduce accurate lighting and textures in cgi, but they're getting closer all the time.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

When I saw it in theaters, it looked completely fine, but everyone was complaining online.  I thought people were just being drama queens and I was frustrated.

Then when it came out on home media, I popped the DVD in and couldn't see a thing without shutting off the lights and cranking the brightness up to the point that the blacks became grey.

The blu-ray, however, does seem to be better.  But I did watch that in a dark room on a projector.

P-Rock

Even the daylight scenes are so dark it's like they were filmed in the twilight.

bleau

The Darkness was too much for me to see anything. Even on blu it was way to dark imo.

P-Rock

When it's dark even in broad daylight, then you know there's something wrong.

Master Chief

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 10, 2017, 01:35:37 AM
I thought it was honestly a tad too dark at times. I should of wore my sunglasses at night watching this film. Probably wouldn't of made any difference  8) 8)
Yes.  I remember saying, "what is that bloody blob in the blackness?";)

happypred

It was OK at the cinema...it was bewilderingly dark when I watched it at home

Nukiemorph

I'd never heard the "east coast got prints that were too dark" thing until I'd listened to the new podcast.  I personally saw a screening in Billings, Montana and it looked fine there.  Being in the western half of the country, this makes sense to me.  I'd be curious to hear where other positive and negative screening experiences happened in America.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed