Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,296 times)

SiL

SiL

It looks like a Den Beauvais painting. Never seen that before.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SiL on Sep 25, 2007, 09:33:26 AM
It looks like a Den Beauvais painting. Never seen that before.

Nope, the artist is named Alvin. 

Pretty sure he did the original Raiders of the Lost Ark poster...but I could be wrong.  [Correction: The Raiders artist was Amsel.]

And Hicks, it was the 15th anniversary, if I recall correctly.  (Although I've also seen it listed as a 10th Anniv. so who knows?)

SiL

SiL

Looks familiar cos Den did a painting for a T-shirt with the Giger Alien in a similar pose.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: SiL on Sep 24, 2007, 08:46:44 PM
How is the CGI Alien's pose in any way alien? It looks like a poorly acted man in a suit shot done on a computer.

Show me a guy who stands up like that, and I will show you a guy with joint and spine deformities.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Bishop2 on Sep 25, 2007, 01:18:57 PM
Show me a guy who stands up like that, and I will show you a guy with joint and spine deformities.
The Alien doesn't stand up like that naturally either. It's striking a pose just like a person would, and it's not exactly a pose any person couldn't do.

Otnip

Otnip

dale07

SM

SM

QuoteShow me a guy who stands up like that, and I will show you a guy with joint and spine deformities.

Eh?  There's nothing vaguely Alien-like in that AvP shot.

As for the shot from Alien.  It was on screen for all of 2 seconds and looked like the f**ker was floating or something.  Very eerie.  Gimme that over the "Look at me, I'm acting scary,  booga-booga!" AvP stuff...

H.r.giger fan

H.r.giger fan

Aliens

Alien

Which one is better?

f**k you James Cameron.

Ridely Scott is an amazing visualist
James stick to writing

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yeah Jim!  F*ck you for using a suit that looks extremely like the one from the first film!!

Seriously, ridges aside, the only thing that lets down that Aliens shot is there's a tad too much slime on his noggin.  (Bubbles and all.)

Your crusade is doomed.  Doomed I tells ya!

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

f**k me, those pictures are awesome. Makes me miss the biomechanical design even more.

SM

SM

Quotethe only thing that lets down that Aliens shot is there's a tad too much slime on his noggin.

He's got a bit of a cold.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Sep 26, 2007, 04:30:40 AM
Quotethe only thing that lets down that Aliens shot is there's a tad too much slime on his noggin.

He's got a bit of a cold.

Looks about right, actually.  He gots the snot-bubbles 'n everything.  :D

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed