Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,621,908 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

By Dane Hallett.
Looks like an inversion of Giger's earlier concept for the Alien  -  The HELLS ANGELS motorcycle goggles-look - but eye sockets this time - not actual eyes.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I am so glad they ditched the eyes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Per Dane's page -

QuoteWanted to try an incarnation of the 'Big Eyes' version from HRG's original designs. Rough 3D model paint over with a bit of photobashing from my texture collection.

25 years today.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

By Dane Hallett.
120% better than the final design

I've always thought the big eye sockets like that would've been amazing, even on the original 1979 version

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This page pisses me off.  >:(

windebieste

windebieste

24 inch Gentle Giant glow in the dark Kenner tribute figure.

-Windebieste.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 25, 2017, 01:26:28 AM
This page pisses me off.  >:(

HAHA HAHA!!!!!!

Skull.  Makes me angry too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 25, 2017, 01:57:43 AM

-Windebieste.

That thing looks like a cotdamn sleestak.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 26, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 25, 2017, 01:57:43 AM

-Windebieste.

That thing looks like a cotdamn sleestak.
I used to watch that 70s Land of the Lost show!!

windebieste

windebieste

'Land of the Lost' is one of my favorite TV shows.  Too bad the movie was just a piece of bad junk.  It was a prime example of failing due to not paying respect to the source material and instead of making a potential fan favorite transformed it into a shallow, lack luster comedy that insulted its fans. 

Sure.  The TV show was cheap and cheesy; and it was made before 'Star Wars' at a time when NO ONE spent money on special effects.  It had a lot going for it,  though.  It had good stories and great world building.  The characters were good, too. Marshall family were a little bland, I guess; and Chaka was occasionally annoying but Big Alice, the allosaurus frequently found pacing about the ancient ruins, Grumpy the tyrannosaurus and other dinosaurs became staple supporting characters even though they were animated miniatures. 

Then there were the Sleestak.  The remnant, devolved denizens of the ancient ruins and were the common antagonists of the Marshall family; and of course there was Enik, the civilised Sleestak from the distant past, a time when the Sleestak civilisation was at its height.  Enik was pretty cool - and out of place in the land of the lost as much as the Marshall familiy was. 

All this background, world building and characters was no accident.  Some very famous writers wrote episodes for the series.  Larry Niven and David Gerrold among them.  The show didn't need to dazzle kids with flashy visuals in the days prior to 'Star Wars'.  It did it all in their heads instead with story, characters and world building using cheap sets and even cheaper stop motion animation.  Dr. Who stories of the day did much the same thing - sans animation.  Great show.  Would love to see a remake of it.  One that respects the source material.  That's where the movie got it wrong at the most fundamental level.

By the way, that Alien figure is 2 feet tall - and it glows in the dark.  Skull and all.   I think I'll call him Enik.  ;)

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 23, 2017, 02:55:11 PM

By Dane Hallett.
120% better than the final design

I've always thought the big eye sockets like that would've been amazing, even on the original 1979 version

Really?  Those big eyes look cheezy as.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Looks better than the Deacon

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What doesn't?

Gash

Gash

Plenty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed