New AVP movie after A:C flop a possibility

Started by Spirit of Fire, May 30, 2017, 03:02:27 AM

Author
New AVP movie after A:C flop a possibility (Read 5,104 times)

Spirit of Fire

I see AVP being a Transformer type of franchise. Marines with robots and muscles. Alien hives. Big corporations with ambitions. Huge funded labs. Predators. We can see like 10+ sequels on this type of movie set in the future. With A:C flopping and the next Predator coming out, FOX might come back to the AVP movies again if Predator is a success. The Alien franchise can ride on the Predator's success into an AVP one. I've always wanted to see AVP in the future with marines. Not only that, now we don't need too much slow moving dark corridor aliens because the Aliens in A:C were primal and ferocious. Coming out of the movie, I thought to myself that no predator will be able to choke 2 A:C xenos at once unless he wants to get his limbs ripped off.

marrerom

It will happen eventually. It seems to me that Fox wants to build up the brand names for Alien & Predator first before combining them again for a rebooted AvP film... Which is fine by me. Prometheus, Predators, and Alien:Covenant have been wonderful experiences for me personally. I'm sure I will enjoy The Predator as well (especially seeing as how Shane Black is an awesome writer/director).  I say let Fox give us one more of each before reviving the AvP series.

echobbase79

I'm thinking they'll make another if Godzilla vs King Kong does well, but that want be released until 2020 so we've got a while.

D88M

if anything i think there is even less posibility of an AVP movie with A:C not doing so good

Nukiemorph

Shane Black makes it sound like Fox is throwing a lot of money into The Predator.  I hope not...  because Predators didn't make that much, so they need to keep the cost low.

If The Predator doesn't do well, I'd say both of the franchises are going to lay dormant for a very long time.

Kel G 426

Predators didn't make much because it wasn't any good.

D88M

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jun 07, 2017, 12:05:49 AM
Predators didn't make much because it wasn't any good.

it was like a dumb, totally brainless, senseless remake of the first movie, wit ha lot of stupid things added like the alien dogs and drones

The Cruentus

Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 30, 2017, 03:02:27 AM
I see AVP being a Transformer type of franchise. Marines with robots and muscles. Alien hives. Big corporations with ambitions. Huge funded labs. Predators. We can see like 10+ sequels on this type of movie set in the future. With A:C flopping and the next Predator coming out, FOX might come back to the AVP movies again if Predator is a success. The Alien franchise can ride on the Predator's success into an AVP one. I've always wanted to see AVP in the future with marines. Not only that, now we don't need too much slow moving dark corridor aliens because the Aliens in A:C were primal and ferocious. Coming out of the movie, I thought to myself that no predator will be able to choke 2 A:C xenos at once unless he wants to get his limbs ripped off.

A:C is a very flawed film but it did not flop  ::)
From wikipedia:"It has grossed a total of $232 million worldwide against its $97 million budget [4] and became the second highest box office of the franchise." and the film has been given a positive review with it being at 71% on rotten tomatoes.

PierreVW

Michael Bay is the perfect director for a huge budget version of ALIEN V PREDATOR.

It could happen after COVENANT 2. Or maybe even earlier. They combine everything.

Lonely Universe

I agree, it could be a very dark future for us all.

Nukiemorph

Alien Vs. X-Men
Set in China.
Starring Scarlett Johansson.
Rated PG-13.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2017, 01:23:58 PM
A:C is a very flawed film but it did not flop  ::)
From wikipedia:"It has grossed a total of $232 million worldwide against its $97 million budget [4] and became the second highest box office of the franchise." and the film has been given a positive review with it being at 71% on rotten tomatoes.

While I agree that Covenant didn't flop (but it didn't perform as well as Fox was expecting either), I don't think that's correct when accounting for inflation.

In regards to the topic at hand, I think the film not performing as well as expected would go negatively towards another AvP. Personally I hope The Predator performs well so that Fox does think there's more success left in the creatures. I still hope we'll get to see them crossover again.

SM

Accounting for inflation is a mixed bag since you can't factor in foreign box office.

System Apollo

Fox considered Requiem a success. Alien Covenant generated a ton of revenue and I expect The Predator to do the same. Aliens vs Predator might not generate as much as Covenant but it is highly likely that it too would be considered a success in the eyes of Fox if it turns a profit. Producers don't care about ratings, they care about revenue and will never make an AvP film vehemently. It's just got too much at stake because it's instantly recognized as a horror and there isn't much of a demand in that genre. In an economic sense, Fox looks at Alien and Predator as a means of income, therefore they want to use as little resources as possible and collect the earnings later.

The happy alien

I think Fox is going to make more AvP. Firts they will finish the prequels and the new predators films. Then they will make one or two AvP films cheap. I think about 50-70 millions and get 100-120 in retourn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed