AvPGalaxy Game Night Official Thread

Started by RidgeTop, May 25, 2017, 08:36:20 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Game Night Official Thread (Read 23,214 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

AvPGalaxy is relaunching Game Night! Those of you who have been here for a while may remember when we had a regularly scheduled multiplayer game night. This started with 2010's Aliens Vs. Predator and continued with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

AvPGalaxy has a long history with gaming as we originally launched in 2002 around the time of Monolith's AvP2. Thanks to the Master Server Patch, AvP2's servers are currently up and running and we definitely plan on including it with these events going forward. You will find the instructions for how to install the Master Server Patch in its thread.

Currently, we will be scheduling events for Aliens Vs. Predator: Classic 2000, Aliens Vs. Predator 2, Aliens Vs. Predator (2010), and yes, even Aliens: Colonial Marines.

These events will be scheduled for PC users and with the exception of AVP2, we will be connecting through Steam. Be sure to join our AvPGalaxy Steam Group to keep informed about what is coming up.

We realize not everyone games on PC, so if anyone would like to set up an Xbox 360 or PS3 game night for Aliens Vs. Predator (2010) and Aliens: Colonial Marines, feel free to coordinate for those in the Forum.

Our first game night will be scheduled for Sunday, June 4th, at 7pm GMT (Currently BST). Going forward we will be having these nights twice a month, on the first and third Sundays. For our first game night, we will be playing Aliens vs. Predator (2010), following that will be Aliens: Colonial Marines, the same time on June 18th, then AvP2 on July 2nd, followed by Aliens Vs. Predator Classic 2000 on July 23rd. We'll cycle back to Aliens Vs. Predator (2010) on August 6th.

Also, we've recently launched an official AvPGalaxy Discord Channel. We will be using this for voice chat in game, as well as text chat.

We look forward to seeing you on the virtual battleground!

Corporal Hicks

I'm looking forward to having this back up and running. I used to really enjoy our regular game nights!

Agent

Agent

Aaaa, nice!

I played some AVP2 in the game nights (when was the last one? hah) a couple or years ago. So, I will probably join the AVP 2010 event on the 4th of June to own some pros. ;)

JokersWarPig

I'm totally down. The few ACM games I was able to play on Xbox with some of the members here were a lot of fun.
It's been a few months since I've played ACM or AVP2010 so I'll have to get used to the controls again. Is Bug Hunt an option for ACM?
I think I still have AVP2 installed, but I actually haven't played that much at all so that'll be a learning experience  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 25, 2017, 12:23:09 PM
Is Bug Hunt an option for ACM?

It'd depend on the numbers. What we used to do was when the numbers dwindled as the night came to a close, we'd do Bug Hunt or Skirmish.

JokersWarPig

Sounds good to me. Since it ends up being 3:00 pm on Sundays for me I'll have no problem showing up most of the time.

Lucifero

sound good ,time to reinstall avp2?

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

I'm in For AVP Classic, AVP 2010 and AVP2!

I live in Canada Montreal By the way.

Also Add me on PSN and STEAM

STEAM: Lukimus Prime

PSN: Chappie__2015

JokersWarPig

It'd probably help if I had added my steam username
Steam: JokersWarPig

Olaf.Brunson

If I can find a way to install AvP 2 I am down for that. Loved that game.

Anthony

Anthony

Well, looks like I'll be stocking up on Alien games. Steam ID: Rainbow Sprinkles.

Dachande

Oof. A:CM is £25 on steam? Might miss that night ;)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Is there a club on Xbox One for AVPGalaxy? It could set up events for all manner of related games for the people who'd be on there before switching to 360 to play.  Could even have live streams of Isolation from anyone who wants to.

Also: definitely vote on this if you want to see AVP 2010 backwards compatible. Since it's on the Xbox site, it's probably the best resource to get to them. Alarmingly, there's already so many votes over a 2 year period and they've done nothing.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backward-compatibility/suggestions/8380350-aliens-vs-predator

I am definitely going to try to reacquire AVP2 on disc and download AVP on Steam by then to play in these.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Dachande on May 25, 2017, 06:38:05 PM
Oof. A:CM is £25 on steam? Might miss that night ;)

They do go on sale pretty regularly, I believe the Steam Summer Sale is launching here soon actually.

SizzyBubbles

I'll prob stick to AVP/AVP2 personally as I know them better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed