Wolf - Choose his destiny!

Started by Daweism, Sep 19, 2007, 04:20:13 AM

Do you want Wolf to live?

Yes
No
Author
Wolf - Choose his destiny! (Read 3,359 times)

Alienator

Alienator

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 20, 2007, 02:55:31 AM
yeah, but I don't think an AVP film is the best place to do that, I mean, I could live with it, but it would just feel biased, it would put wolf on a higher level then he already is, he can be an elite, who is fully capable of taking out multiple aliens, but for him to survive the whole ordeal would just feel a bit too forced
agreed

SiL

SiL

Quote from: ChAoS on Sep 20, 2007, 01:39:48 AM
jesus beside sil going on about frankenstien
"Going on"? The heck? That's the first and only post I ever made on the subject of Frankenstein or his monster.

ChAoS

ChAoS

Quote from: SiL on Sep 20, 2007, 03:04:27 AM
Quote from: ChAoS on Sep 20, 2007, 01:39:48 AM
jesus beside sil going on about frankenstien
"Going on"? The heck? That's the first and only post I ever made on the subject of Frankenstein or his monster.
jesus sooorrryy lol i was just saying. *smacks my own head on the table a few times*

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Sep 20, 2007, 12:35:27 AM
Yea i think that's the best answer, story centers around Sarah true but he is the Hero most defantly

That's a tad contradictory. :)

Reece was a protector. A guardian/helper archetype. Sarah played the role of the hero archetype. No, she might not have been the one who was mostly firing shotguns and all the rest of it, but it was her sotry. She was the target. She had to learn how to toughen up. She was the one both protagonist and antagonist were seeking. She is the one the entire future depends on.

Sarah was the hero. Look at her arc.

She's in the 'normal' world. The status quo. She's given a glimpse of the 'extraordinary' world. She's called to take on a quest. She refuses. Something forces her to take it on. She has a couple of confrontations with the villain. By the end of the story, she has faced up to the challenge and becomes stronger for it.

Reece did nothing like that. He was the one trying to convince her.

The above is a classic hero-quest cycle template. It makes Sarah the heroine.

The same applies to Ripley. Dallas, Hicks, Dillon, et al, function as protectors. Ripley is the one who goes on the hero-quest cycle. That makes her the hero.

Horhey

Horhey

Jim Cameron said Kyle Reese was "the hero" in the T1 SE DVD documentary.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Can say it if he wants. The character never went through the hero-quest cycle, fulfilling only the protector role. Sarah did.

SM

SM

Yep.  Reese is Ben Kenobi or Morpheus.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Except neither of them made love with Luke or Neo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed