Where did the script leak??

Started by germanator2, May 23, 2017, 11:53:22 PM

Author
Where did the script leak?? (Read 5,286 times)

germanator2

germanator2

How are some of you guys able to get your hands on it?

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

I'd also like to know this.

kirscheim

kirscheim

apparently if you don't know the super duper extra secret handshake internutz code you don't get to read it.
and the special people that HAVE read it don't acknowledge that you even post here...

Samhain13

Samhain13

The scripts always leak, or at least early versions of them. But the main story of the movie is the same, people always end up finding out about them, happened to Predators, Prometheus(not sure), Covenant and now this one.

It normally get posted first on IMDB(rip) or 4chan.

Doomofman

Doomofman

As others have said, you have to be part of the 'cool' gang to get a hold of the script. They keep going on about protecting their source but it's really not that hard to make a stripped version of a script without any identifying info on it, guess just nobody's bothered to do it though.

I don't think you'll find it for download on any site though, I've checked through twitter, reddit, 4chan, filehosting sites, other sites I won't mention and even traweled through Russian forums trying to find it as that seems to be where the leak came from initially but have found nothing.

If one of the 'cool' gang wants to give me the script at some point and I'll strip the personal info out of it then everyone could have it. But I doubt very much that will happen

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, I am not editing this script just to give it to you. I've given it to no forum members.

Predator_Spirit

There are inner circles of collectors.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Doomofman on May 24, 2017, 08:57:15 AM
As others have said, you have to be part of the 'cool' gang to get a hold of the script. They keep going on about protecting their source but it's really not that hard to make a stripped version of a script without any identifying info on it, guess just nobody's bothered to do it though.

I don't think you'll find it for download on any site though, I've checked through twitter, reddit, 4chan, filehosting sites, other sites I won't mention and even traweled through Russian forums trying to find it as that seems to be where the leak came from initially but have found nothing.

If one of the 'cool' gang wants to give me the script at some point and I'll strip the personal info out of it then everyone could have it. But I doubt very much that will happen

I didn't know leaked scripts would have identifying information. I wonder why someone would put identifying information on something they leaked?

Like what? "This script is brought to you by pussydestroyer5248, enjoy!"  ;D

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 24, 2017, 02:52:50 PM

I didn't know leaked scripts would have identifying information. I wonder why someone would put identifying information on something they leaked?

They're quite often watermarked quite heavily so they can identify who leaked a script if it leaks

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, they'll often have the name of the person across every page diagonally.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Since someone took a potshot and it evidently got deleted-

I really could give a shit about lording anything over the forum. Doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not enough hours in my day. The truth is I've been an infrequent poster for over five years and was active when Prometheus was released. I came back for Covenant as well as when a friend in a certain position passed me this script. I knew the script had leaked via many other people, figured it was old news by now around here and so was not anticipating any kind of vehement reaction to me personally.

I am neither special nor different than the many other folks online who have this script including on this forum, many of whom can give it to you; I'm only concerned about preserving my friend's job, possibly overly so. If you take offense to how I've discussed it I can't help that, but I'm just another dude. This whole thing just isn't a big deal and doesn't make anyone important or unique. It's not that serious and I'm hardly that interesting.

kirscheim

kirscheim

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 24, 2017, 04:06:54 PM
Since someone took a potshot and it evidently got deleted-

I really could give a shit about lording anything over the forum. Doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not enough hours in my day. The truth is I've been an infrequent poster for over five years and was active when Prometheus was released. I came back for Covenant as well as when a friend in a certain position passed me this script. I knew the script had leaked via many other people, figured it was old news by now around here and so was not anticipating any kind of vehement reaction to me personally.

I am neither special nor different than the many other folks online who have this script including on this forum, many of whom can give it to you; I'm only concerned about preserving my friend's job, possibly overly so. If you take offense to how I've discussed it I can't help that, but I'm just another dude. This whole thing just isn't a big deal and doesn't make anyone important or unique. It's not that serious and I'm hardly that interesting.

i don't care about you, your friend, or any other person, i just want to read the script.
i've tried googling around various places to no avail.

it seemed very reasonable that if on a site dedicated to the two greatest sci fi film franchises ever, posters passing around a script and posting about it all over the threads that these same people would share it with OTHER fans...

but no.

if this is meant to be an invite only place, then lock shit up. why even let new people join at all ? ? ?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

There was a script review thread long before I got here. Any number of people can pass it to you. I can't.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Doomofman on May 24, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

They're quite often watermarked quite heavily so they can identify who leaked a script if it leaks
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 24, 2017, 03:06:06 PM

So the people themselves don't put their name? It's the film makers that gives said person the script which helps them identify that person if it's leaked?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 24, 2017, 05:25:32 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 24, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 24, 2017, 03:06:06 PM

So the people themselves don't put their name? It's the film makers that gives said person the script which helps them identify that person if it's leaked?

It's the studio that does it. They view a leaked script as potentially hurting the product and their profit in the long run. They really started tightening up security on scripts after the Deadpool script leaked years ago. They actually threatened to sue someone who publicly posted it for millions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed