Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS]

Started by Ingwar, May 23, 2017, 06:28:58 PM

Author
Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS] (Read 63,552 times)

T Dog

Corporal Hicks

I've only listened to about half an hour so far and it's largely what we've heard before but of interest -

• The Engineers decided to wipe us out because mankind are dicks. Pretty much as simple as that. The Engineers go around seeding worlds, check up on the seeded cultures. If they don't like what they see, they wipe out all non-plant life and start again.
  • David kills the Engineers because he doesn't respect them. He has the same contempt for them that he does mankind.
  • Ridley re-affirms that the intent is David creates the Aliens. He might use the Engineer black goo to do it but they're his design.

banecat

thanks for the bullets, found anything else out after the whole listen?

Corporal Hicks

I've not had chance to finish it off (I'm at work). Will finish it off on the way home and report anything else of interest. I've got a news post about it drafted, will update and post after I've listened to the entire interview.

banecat

just started listening..not really a fan of the host ha

Evanus

Now please, can people accept that David created the Alien? I don't like it either, but it's the truth. Ridley has said it three times now.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: Evanus on May 24, 2017, 01:49:00 PM
Now please, can people accept that David created the Alien? I don't like it either, but it's the truth. Ridley has said it three times now.

Never.

i don't think Fox would let Alan add something (from His Idea) in the novel that contradict important scene in the movie.

cucuchu

Anything in there about the next movie (potential next movie)?

Corporal Hicks

In the first half hour or so, he just mentioning it being written and I'm pretty sure he said it was a sequel and talked about the new colony. Should do with a re-listen of that bit.

banecat

banecat

he pretty much states that david creates the alien, but needed the engineer's black goo to do so
i wonder if they're going to have the black goo be something they simply created, and didn't source from an ancient creature. ugh

SyntaX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 02:06:44 PM
In the first half hour or so, he just mentioning it being written and I'm pretty sure he said it was a sequel and talked about the new colony. Should do with a re-listen of that bit.

This is somewhat reassuring. I never liked the idea of the next one being a "prequel".

I came to accept the fact that David has created the Xenomorphs... but the next movie really has to be a solid one to connect with Alien. The danger of this sequel undoing Aliens is ... present.

Evanus

So.. Oram was molested as a child. Again and again. That's why he saw the devil. According to Ridley, at least.

banecat

not sure i like that idea, but man, i thought billy crudup did such a good job with oram

SpeedyMaxx

Oh, good grief.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed