Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray?

Started by BonesawT101, May 22, 2017, 06:38:13 PM

Author
Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray? (Read 29,259 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 02:11:10 PMI'm somewhat worried about the home releases not being great without CdL.

Amen. If I see one more 10 minute featurette where everyone is saying, "Everybody's so fun and talented, and we're all cracking jokes and having fun all the time" I'm gonna lose my goddamn mind.  :P

BonesawT101

Come on Fox!! Give us an extended cut on Blu Ray!! We want more! The whole movie feels like it zips by so fast, particularly the final act.

Protozoid

Protozoid

By this long after the release of Prometheus, I had already seen the movie twice and pre-ordered the collector's edition blu-ray.  I haven't seen Covenant once yet and already know not to buy the blu-ray. I bought The Martian twice, Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and Black Hawk Down three times, and Kingdom of Heaven four times. This one I'm not even very crazy about seeing, much less buying over and over again when the studio double dips. I'm holding out for the long version with commentary and documentaries. I hope the first release has all that, but I expect Fox to pull a Martian and double dip.

Nostromo

Yes, and it will be 20 minutes of David playing the piano.

KiramidHead

And a forty minute version of the flute scene.

Look into my eye

What I haven't seen discussed anywhere is when exactly does the Juggernaut end up the mountain, and how? Where does Shaw's signal fit in with the crash? Any thoughts?

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on May 22, 2017, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: Evanus on May 22, 2017, 07:47:14 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on May 22, 2017, 06:56:42 PM
Having seen some of the deleted stuff on YouTube such as the crossing with Shaw, perhaps The Last Supper, also Daniels, Tennessee with his girlfriend playing cards and Daniels asking mother for help,  later on Daniels asking mother were the Alien is, would be crazy if Fox didn't release an extended cut for this. Because come one The Martian that didn't need an extended cut, it got one. If they want their cash back, they'd be telling Ridley right now to go back and re-edit the film.
Those are all viral videos though. Not cut scenes. Except for The Crossing video, which was originally in the film.
It wouldn't surprise me if (the viral videos) they were genuine deleted scenes but repurposed for marketing.

They weren't. They were directed separately by Luke Scott purely for the purposes of advertising. With the topic at hand, I'm always curious to see alternate cuts. At the very least, I hope we get to see the deleted scenes. I'm somewhat worried about the home releases not being great without CdL.
Some of that footage looks like it could be worked into an extended cut seamlessly. What do you mean? CdL won't be involved in the ALIEN:COVENANT Blu-ray?

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 02:11:10 PM
At the very least, I hope we get to see the deleted scenes. I'm somewhat worried about the home releases not being great without CdL.

I know you probably had intel on this Hicks, but he also just told me on twitter that he's not involved. :(

Elmazalman

A pity. I really wanted to see another big ass, in-depth documentary, loaded with behind-the-scenes footage and outtakes - a worthy companion piece to "THE FURIOUS GODS". I hope this release won't be Disney-lite on extras as were the recent STAR WARS discs.

Bad Replicant

Yeah, that's precisely my worry. We need a commentary, at least. Ridley's ramblings are like soothing ocean sounds. It really is too bad though, just feels like there's no chance an Alien release without his touch will be up to snuff. I suppose we should count ourselves lucky for what we've received though. His work on Alien 3 alone is legendary, never in a million years would I have imagined that movie getting the special treatment it did before the Quadrilolgy came out.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I recently bought Logan and I was disappointed with the lack of extras. There's a very nice hour long documentary, commentary, ten minutes of deleted scenes, trailers, and black and white version of the film. For a movie that did great business for Fox they really shortchanged the home video release. Assassins Creed had more features. 

So I'm not sure how Covenant will fair when it comes to home video.

Ridley mentions in this video that there wasn't much cut from the movie. His first cut was two hours and twenty three minutes and he wanted it to be about two hours.

http://collider.com/alien-covenant-ridley-scott-michael-fassbender-interview/#images

I wonder how much will end up being on the bluray release?

Corporal Hicks

20 minutes is a pretty significant chunk of deleted footage. Sounds much more than what we know got trimmed from the various test screenings.

iain

It needs and has to have an extended cut due to the fans outcry.

0321recon

Quote from: iain on May 27, 2017, 06:29:42 PM
It needs and has to have an extended cut due to the fans outcry.

Hope someone from Fox is checking social media and forums such as this one and give us an extended cut.

CainsSon

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-deleted-scenes-none/

20 minutes of deleted footage is exactly what it feels like it's missing. Whether that's entire scenes or not, it affects things without a doubt either way.

In fact, I'd say that much of the reactions to test screenings has affected the film negatively. We've heard that the David sitcheroo didnt telegraph too effectively, well now its so obvious it's barely even a plot point.

People are legit stupid. They don't pay attention, don't understand things unless they are spoonf-ed everything to the point where if you're even halfway to not being stupid, its ruined in favor of the dense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed