Interview with Dante Harper (writer) *spoilers*

Started by echobbase79, May 21, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

Author
Interview with Dante Harper (writer) *spoilers* (Read 20,593 times)

bobcunk

Do you mean legend from 87

KiramidHead

Quote from: bobcunk on May 22, 2017, 02:38:25 AM
Do you mean legend from 87

No,there was an unproduced adaptation of I Am Legend that Ridley and Logan worked on in 1997. When that fell apart they both moved on to Gladiator.

banecat

banecat

so do we feel the writers acknowledge david as the original creator of the xeno?
i forget completely, but didn't he make this version, by combining black goo and an insect?

whiterabbit

I think the writers quite well made clear that David is the creator of the xenomorph. What I'm wondering about is whether or not they'll make the murals in Prometheus just artwork. Just something that the engineer liked and not drawings of real beings. You know, just some creative imagery that David drew inspiration off of.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 22, 2017, 03:35:44 AM
I think the writers quite well made clear that David is the creator of the xenomorph. What I'm wondering about is whether or not they'll make the murals in Prometheus just artwork. Just something that the engineer liked and not drawings of real beings. You know, just some creative imagery that David drew inspiration off of.

Engineer: Hey ! I just bought this mural can i put in there ?

whiterabbit

Quote from: gantarat on May 22, 2017, 03:51:07 AM

There's a lot of religious themes in Prometheus. Religions love to create angels and demons and paint them all over their walls.

markweatherill

Quote from: gantarat on May 22, 2017, 03:51:07 AM

Engineer 2: Oh man! First the giant head, now this! Why'd you want to clutter this place up with stuff? Just don't get in my way while I'm rearranging the vases.

shawsbaby

Hmm. I took this interview to mean that they created that structure for David to be the (a?) creator but left space for Ridley to do more with it or less with it, and set up for sequels as he sees fit.

I just wish someone sat down with him and said "if you do THIS, it will totally negate THIS and THIS." Seems like everyone is too awed by Ridley to say boo.

Naf Neila

Naf Neila

More proof of how troubled the development stage was of this movie and how Ridley Scott had no idea how to follow up prometheus and why in the end, they chose to kill off Shaw, the Engineers and set it ten years later.

Robopadna

Quote from: shawsbaby on May 22, 2017, 11:33:10 AM
Hmm. I took this interview to mean that they created that structure for David to be the (a?) creator but left space for Ridley to do more with it or less with it, and set up for sequels as he sees fit.

I just wish someone sat down with him and said "if you do THIS, it will totally negate THIS and THIS." Seems like everyone is too awed by Ridley to say boo.

I think that might be part of it but I also think people making these films care less about established 'rules' in past films than fans do.  I am quite confident that everyone was made aware of the perception of the derelict in Alien being thousands of years old and that they found a work around (which we will eventually see) and didn't care beyond that. 

I am also convinced Ridley aggressively doesn't care about anything beyond Alien/Prometheus anyway so anything contradicting AVP is entirely uninteresting to him.

Captain Dallas At Thedus

Captain Dallas At Thedus

I still wish Neill Bolmkamp Good Luck with re-vamping his Alien film. ::)

T Dog

That interview is as bullshit as any Lindelof did for Prometheus.

Ingwar

Quote from: T Dog on May 23, 2017, 06:13:35 PM
That interview is as bullshit as any Lindelof did for Prometheus.

Yep.

BishopShouldGo

It's sort of random. Like who are you. Let's just keep talking to John Logan.

And what about Jack Paglen and Michael Green lol.

T Dog

I really want to hear what Lindelof thinks. I'd say he's crying over David creating the Alien. He's probably like "why didnt I tell Ridley the tall bald albinos were complete shit"!

One great idea leads to another!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed