Alien: Covenant Home Releases (US)

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 21, 2017, 12:24:59 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Home Releases (US) (Read 5,789 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Robopadna

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Street Date: September 9, 2099

That's going to be a tough wait.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Robopadna on Jun 01, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Street Date: September 9, 2099

That's going to be a tough wait.

No way I'm coming back to those cryopods...

windebieste

Normally, I don't mind waiting for a DVD/BluRay release, but I think I'll pass on this one.  Hopefully, the release will be brought forward a bit.  Say, by 8 decades?  Would that be too much to ask..?

-Windebieste.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Covenant will also be part of a six film boxed set. Will there be any new special features?

Corporal Hicks

We're waiting to hear what the features will be.

Nightmare Asylum

Seriously bummed that Charles de Lauzirika isn't back for this but I'm hoping we get something comparable to his work on the Alien Anthology and Prometheus in this release. I'll shell out extra for an in depth doc if I have to. I did for the 3D Prometheus release despite not having a 3D player.

Nukiemorph

I love the steelbook art... but every time I look at it, I see Squidbillies: Volume Four.

Protozoid

Covenant releases August 15th on DVD in the United States according to the distributor at work.

Gazz

Gazz

Amazon UK updated my pre-order (and their website) with the release date of Sept 18th. Seems a more likely time frame.

No word on extras.

Corporal Hicks

Got the same. Hope we're not going to be waiting long between regional releases.

Nukiemorph

At least that would push it past Japan's theatrical date.

I'm curious if many Japanese fans with region-free players would just buy the blu-ray instead of seeing it in theaters.  Then you'd have nice-looking blu-ray-ripped bootlegs hurting the box office gross too.

Corporal Hicks

Maybe I'm in the minority but I do just love the cinema experience for films I'm really interested in.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/062817-1600

QuoteRetail sources are now reporting an 8/15 street date for Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant on Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra HD. This, of course, also means that Scott's Prometheus is due on 4K Ultra HD from Fox on that same day. Indeed, both titles are now available for pre-order on Amazon.com now. Click here to pre-order Alien: Covenant 4K and Blu-ray and here for Prometheus 4K. We're waiting on final cover artwork and the official studio announcement, but 8/15 does appear to be the official street date.

Ultramorph

Any word on if they're doing a box-set with all the movies, including Covenant? I thought I remember seeing one on Facebook that had all the different xenos on the cover.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed