Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 396,363 times)

FenGiddel

And THAT is what makes you the man! [emoji6]

Space7Horror

I think Covenant desperately needs a black & white version.  It would be amazing and really fit the movie overall, would definitely pay for an official version.  It would go so well with all of David's eerie drawings and the deadness of the engineer home world, along with fitting in with the hopelessness that movie conveys. 

SM

You'd need to dial up the contrast.  It's often a very dark movie.

Space7Horror

True, I would imagine it would need to be tweaked a little since it originally was not meant to be in black and white.  I've seen fan trailers in B&W that look really good, I assume they had to edit the image though.

The Old One

The Old One

It's colour timing is different from the Blu-Ray to the 4K, without stating the obvious-
you see more in the 4K in more than just in terms of resolution.
A B&W version wouldn't go amiss though. 

Baron Von Marlon

Can't you adjust the colours on your tv?

The Old One

The Old One

If you're talking about B&W technically yes, but it wouldn't be as good as a professional print.
As for colour timing or 4K Resolution, absolutely not.

skhellter

Huggs

Looks almost human doesn't it. Do they have a shot of the skull? Local and Fiorina are gonna want to see that.

Corporal Hicks

That and the other one look very much human.

The first one on the page looks more alien though -

Thanks blacklabel.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2018, 07:59:52 AM
That and the other one look very much human.

The first one on the page looks more alien though -

Thanks blacklabel.

That's just beautiful.

Denton Smalls

Apologies in advance...was looking for a podcast thread but didn't see one at first glance. Was wondering if Khang Le is on your radar for an upcoming episode? Would love to hear about his concept art...

Corporal Hicks

I've messaged him a few times but he's never responded.

Denton Smalls

That's a shame. Would've given him some free promotion.

Yep the in utero stuff is great. The addition of an umbilical cord and placenta beginning with the Deacon and carried through A:C adds another layer to the xeno birth ickyness.

Did anyone read the short story in Bug Hunt told from the Aliens' POV? Really gross/awesome part about a chestburster birth as experienced by the burster...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed