Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,358 times)

Kurai

There is only just so much "YUP!" that my brain can take in one sitting. All of this is amazing! Certainly closer to how I pictured things in my head before we got our first trailers for Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 30, 2017, 12:13:48 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 29, 2017, 10:10:42 AM
Of course, if the Jockey was never intended to leave his chair as was the general idea back when Giger painted, sculpted, and put the thing together... Then it wouldn't need to be moving around inside the ship at all.
Well that's the impression I got way back when I first saw it. The alien was fused in that cockpit and I wondered if it even had legs. Which means that space jockey is a specialized member of the species. This further leads to the question, then maybe not all of them were the same size? Was the space jockey bio-engineered for that function - requiring size enhancement to commandeer that massive alien vibrator?

I liked the idea that the Jockey was just a creature specifically bred/created for the purposes of navigating. And there's other specifically engineered creatures in other areas of the ship doing other tasks or etc.

Huggs

The thing I'm now wondering is if this film could still technically be made? How would it be written to take place after Covenant? Unless Org. 6 turned out to be another engineer world, or David knows of other engineer installations and chose to go there and do this? The colonists on board covenant would allow some humans to still be included in the story. They'd be caught between mutating engineers, military engineers, and an insane David wreaking havoc on an entire city or world.

I see that picture of David staring at the small pods on the table and can't help but be reminded of the seed-pod scene from "the thing from another world". It's so similar it's freaky. Maybe the urns and black goo are an old and outdated weapon. Maybe current engineers would have something far more powerful that David could use to wipe out earth, and he's fighting to get to it. Maybe the derelict from Alien 79 could've been some impregnated engineer escaping as the city falls in this film, only to die and crash on lv-426. Either way, it may take some serious writing-fu, but it would be wonderful if something like this artwork was done for the final film.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2017, 08:03:05 PM
I liked the idea that the Jockey was just a creature specifically bred/created for the purposes of navigating. And there's other specifically engineered creatures in other areas of the ship doing other tasks or etc.

Certainly a possibility considering the rest of the ship had not been explored. Perhaps other remains might have been found if their exploration wasn't cut short due to the attack on Kane. Bio-engineering seems to be their specialty, not far fetched to assume they tried bio-engineer experiments on themselves.

Mr. Clemens

Remember when it was believed that the giant head in Prometheus was flying the ship? THAT's the kinda weird I want outta these movies!  ;D

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Wow, that Khang Le artwork is amazing! I wish we had gotten that aesthetic for the Engineer city.

It's also interesting that David destroying the Engineers was part of the story so early on. I had assumed that was something that came later.

WolfPre

Stunning arts!!. Engineer city and transformations are amazing in the concepts, but they were pictured badly, like a B/C grade movie. Why the hell Ridley couldn't bring the above concepts into screen?.

When a superior alien planet (who created humans) is shown on screen, what audience would expect in technology-wise. A damn slum like city (even after 10 years of massacre)?.

Still unable to digest Covenent movie. I still feel that Ridley insulted the fans :(.

Baron Von Marlon

I love how we see David working on something checking the process.

Theory:
Those parasites that spawn from the Engineers look like a type of facehugger.
So Engineer + black goo = parasite(s).
Maybe David was trying to produce them without needing goo and a host. And the movie would end with him creating the facehugger eggs.

Brzrkr

Quote from: WolfPre on Dec 31, 2017, 01:29:42 AM
Still unable to digest Covenent movie. I still feel that Ridley insulted the fans :(.

Speak for yourself.

What's insulting to me, is when a greedy studio hire yes men, and the best they can come up with is horny teens killing Xenomorphs like a hot knife through butter.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 30, 2017, 10:21:42 PM

Remember when it was believed that the giant head in Prometheus was flying the ship? THAT's the kinda weird I want outta these movies!  ;D

Lol, yeah. From SkyNews or something?

Ultramorph

I like the one of the different stages of the Engineer's breakdown and reconstruction. Very Elden-esque.

Gash

Not me.

Thanks Ridley for giving me a decent Alien film.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Gash on Dec 31, 2017, 09:30:57 PM

Not me.

Thanks Ridley for giving me a decent Alien film.

Actually yeah, cheers Ridley.

windebieste

'ALIEN: Covenant' was such a great movie. 

Such a Great 'ALIEN' movie, that is. 

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

A great movie, yes, but they should have let Ridley make the movie he wanted to make.  People will complain no matter what.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed