Alien versus Predator with Neomorphs instead of Xenomorphs?

Started by SrSpinelli, May 17, 2017, 01:04:31 AM

Author
Alien versus Predator with Neomorphs instead of Xenomorphs? (Read 4,510 times)

SrSpinelli

Since David pretty much said that the Neomorph were a natural manifestation of the black goo when entering in contact with plants(or something like that) and the Xenomorphs being first created by David. The only possible non canon breaking way the Franchise would meet again would be with Neos instead of Xenos, what do you thik of that?

Samhain13

I don't like the idea of the neomorphs, it's just way too easy to impregnate someone with them, they are born really fast and now we have backbursters, throatburters, seems like something we would see in a comic. They seemed like a deadlier weapons than the xenos, just breathing a small particule and you are dead, at least you can fight against facehuggers, the whole concept is way too overpowered. The concept of the deacon was better, but the neomorphs had a better design.

Comparing them to the xenos in ALIENS, they seemed faster and stronger, made the xenos look bad. Forget about this canon thing, fox will always find a way to make more content regardless of it making sense or not. If they decide to make more books/comics or games on AVP, it will be the normal xenos, Covenant might be the last time we see those neomorphs.

SrSpinelli

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 17, 2017, 01:24:43 AM
I don't like the idea of the neomorphs, it's just way too easy to impregnate someone with them, they are born really fast and now we have backbursters, throatburters, seems like something we would see in a comic. They seemed like a deadlier weapons than the xenos, just breathing a small particule and you are dead, at least you can fight against facehuggers, the whole concept is way too overpowered. The concept of the deacon was better, but the neomorphs had a better design.

Comparing them to the xenos in ALIENS, they seemed faster and stronger, made the xenos look bad. Forget about this canon thing, fox will always find a way to make more content regardless of it making sense or not. If they decide to make more books/comics or games on AVP, it will be the normal xenos, Covenant might be the last time we see those neomorphs.

The Xenomorphs in Covenant are the same ones we see in Alien and Aliens, just a different design.
The Neomorph needs way more than a particle to impregnate someone, that's why they all stick together and try to infectate something. Their growth seemed to take some hours(they were some miles away from the ship when the first symptom appeared.)

Samhain13

Quote from: SrSpinelli on May 17, 2017, 01:29:56 AM
The Xenomorphs in Covenant are the same ones we see in Alien and Aliens, just a different design.

I'm sure that in Ridley's mind they are the same, but... different eggs, different chestbursters, no biomechanical features. Sad. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

The Neomorph needs way more than a particle to impregnate someone, that's why they all stick together and try to infectate something. Their growth seemed to take some hours(they were some miles away from the ship when the first symptom appeared.)

It was like a small flying ball half a inch long, if it goes into any hole in your body, you are dead before even noticing anything. And you can't even know if your team mates are infected until it's too late.

Doesn't matter, they probably won't show up again now that David got xenos. There isn't any goo to make more of them, it would be interesting to see the interation between a neomorph and a xeno but... nah personally I just prefer the good old alien, would prefer to see the classic alien fighting preds.

SrSpinelli

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 17, 2017, 01:47:03 AM

I'm sure that in Ridley's mind they are the same, but... different eggs, different chestbursters, no biomechanical features. Sad. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

It was like a small flying ball half a inch long, if it goes into any hole in your body, you are dead before even noticing anything. And you can't even know if your team mates are infected until it's too late.

Doesn't matter, they probably won't show up again now that David got xenos. There isn't any goo to make more of them, it would be interesting to see the interation between a neomorph and a xeno but... nah personally I just prefer the good old alien, would prefer to see the classic alien fighting preds.
Dude, it's a design change, those are simple revamps of the old design. The only big difference being the chestburster already ripping off the skin of it's "snake" body when emerging from the host. Might aswell say that the Predator from the first movie is a different species from the one in the second movie because their design is different.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SrSpinelli on May 17, 2017, 02:05:53 AM
Dude, it's a design change, those are simple revamps of the old design. The only big difference being the chestburster already ripping off the skin of it's "snake" body when emerging from the host. Might aswell say that the Predator from the first movie is a different species from the one in the second movie because their design is different.

The predator from the second movie looked like a different member of the same species from the one in the first movie, all preds look different from one another, just like humans, at the end of Predator 2 each pred had a different color style... aliens always look all the same within the same movie.

I hate this comparison... but lets say a bee hive, all bees within the same caste look the same, you can't tell the difference. Different species, different rules for design, preds can look different, aliens shouldn't, unless it's from a different host/caste. Going from a biomechanical creature to a normal fleshy creature is too much of a difference, it's like if preds went from having reptilian skin to a soft human skin.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt we'll be seeing them again in the films but I'd be curious to see them in the Expanded Universe. I wouldn't mind seeing a Predator hunting on Paradise.

Samhain13

Well, they will be mentioned in the Alien:Covenant novels and if the engineers got to fight preds in the comics the neomorphs might as well.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 17, 2017, 01:24:43 AM

They are not the same, they are either a precursor  which I hope they are not or simply a replication of something that already exist and David is trying to copy them.

Corporal Hicks

They're the same and different in the way that Runner and the Resurrection Aliens are both.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 02:19:02 PM
They're the same and different in the way that Runner and the Resurrection Aliens are both.
That is not really the same, the Runner is the result of a "natural" process of trait taking (i.e its not a hybrid or something unusual ) so you cannot compare the Covenant drone to that, the Drones in Resurrection were mutants.
Neither of which were created directly by an android but I can agree they are similar to the resurrection Drones in that are a different strain as their differences are in the breed not the individual.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2017, 02:31:29 PM
That is not really the same, the Runner is the result of a "natural" process of trait taking (i.e its not a hybrid or something unusual ) so you cannot compare the Covenant drone to that, the Drones in Resurrection were mutants.
Neither of which were created directly by an android but I can agree they are similar to the resurrection Drones in that are a different strain as their differences are in the breed not the individual.

That's exactly the point. The Alien hasn't yet taken on the biomechanical trait. It's not at that point in it's adaptive lifecycle and the films are building (if we get more) to that point. It's been talked about by the crew quite a few times during the set visits and etc.

It's not a completely different species. The Resurrection Aliens aren't a completely different species, either. They maybe tainted but they're still Aliens.

I'm also fairly certain Scott talked about this in the past as well, about the designs and etc being cumulative with the traits they took on.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

That's exactly the point. The Alien hasn't yet taken on the biomechanical trait. It's not at that point in it's adaptive lifecycle and the films are building (if we get more) to that point. It's been talked about by the crew quite a few times during the set visits and etc.

It's not a completely different species. The Resurrection Aliens aren't a completely different species, either. They maybe tainted but they're still Aliens.

I'm also fairly certain Scott talked about this in the past as well, about the designs and etc being cumulative with the traits they took on.

Wait...are you saying that when a Xenomorph has taken a trait that it would pass down to the next batch of eggs? I thought the eggs would always be pure and that all resulting specimens would have no foreign traits except from what host they gestate in there and then without it affecting future generations as the whole point of that ability is to adapt to its current situation.

Corporal Hicks

That's exactly what I'm saying.

The Cruentus

Nice theory, it could certainly explain how they eventually get the biomech features but then (I know its not canon now) why did the Xenos in requiem not have Predator traits?

My take on it is that only the gestated Xeno takes traits from their host and the eggs/facehuggers they come from are always pure and do not carrying any traits from the Queen's host and "ancestors".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed