The Book of Alien: Augmented Reality Survival Manual

Started by Perfect-Organism, May 16, 2017, 10:25:37 AM

Author
The Book of Alien: Augmented Reality Survival Manual (Read 17,413 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

https://m.indigo.ca/product/books/the-book-of-alien-a/9780062695369

I haven't seen any threads about this book.  Did it really fly in under the radar, or is there a thread about this already?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0062695363/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494930666&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=book+of+alien%3A+a+survival+guide&dpPl=1&dpID=51d9vdpZgnL&ref=plSrch

Description
Product Description
An imaginative, full-color, fully authorized in-world guide to the creatures and scenes from all of the Alien movies, including breathtaking 3-D Augmented Reality animations.

A book like no other. An experience you'll never forget.

The Alien movie franchise has been shocking audiences for more than thirty-five years, and the series now continues in eons to come—where this special interactive edition derives. Beamed back to us from the future reality witnessed in the movies, it is a handbook for new recruits of the U.S. Colonial Marines.

The Book of Alien includes everything you need to know to identify and combat the terrifying, extra-terrestrial species known as Xenomorphs. Protecting yourself and mankind against this significant and ever-growing threat is the goal. With this book, you will learn how to clearly identify the threat—and which weapons you will need to successfully neutralize it.

A practical combat guide The Book of Alien is both an old-world handbook—featuring paper pages, text, diagrams, and 100 color and black-and-white photographs—and a futurebook—with 3D interactive animations, sound and vision. A superb interactive companion volume to all the Alien movies, The Book of Alien is an exciting immersive experience that lets you revisit many key moments from the movies, and interact with people, objects . . . and of course, aliens!

This groundbreaking book features Augmented Reality animations, which bring favorite Xenomorph creatures to life via smartphone or tablet.

About the Author
Owen Williams is a film journalist and author. He once was able to indulge his lifelong passion for the Alien movie franchise by interviewing every surviving Colonial Marine from Aliens - including Wierzbowski. Williams has been a regular contributor to Empire magazine since 2006. His work has also been published in The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, Film 360, Fangoria, Rue Morgue and elsewhere, including contributions to books published by Phaiton and Aurum Press. He lives in the UK and tweets as @FlexibleHead.

*edited title. Hicks.

Russ840

Interesting.

Rockybear

curious about the content

Xenomrph

Looks pretty neat, just slapped down a preorder.

Rockybear

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 22, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
Looks pretty neat, just slapped down a preorder.

looking forward to ur review of this guide

Corporal Hicks

Cover on Amazon US

UK cover.

I've pre-ordered. Sounds interesting. Will have to try and reach out to the author.

HuDaFuK

Not looking promising if the bullshit bottom right is anything to go by :laugh:

windebieste

Oh, Hell.  So that's a pulse rifle?  Nice.  I hope the authors don't mind disputes coming their way.  Mind you, they might like to address the 'Calpamios' mis-spelling, too.  Maybe.

What they definitely can't get away with is mis-spelling of the binomial for domestic cat.  The correct spelling is felis catus.

I might buy this just to see how many errors are actually present in it.  Could make a great drinking game.

-windebieste.

Perfect-Organism

This begins to look like a very lazy quarter-assed piece of work indeed...

Nostromo

SM should I pre order it like the moron that I am?

Perfect-Organism

Yes, we all have to order it.  We are all just prisoners here of our own device.

SM

SM

I don't know the first thing about it.

Elmazalman

Will this publication offer any previously unseen deleted material from the films, like the bonus footage available only to the digital versions of the Rinzler STAR WARS making of books?

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 14, 2017, 11:33:38 AM

Not looking promising if the bullshit bottom right is anything to go by :laugh:
That gun image seems familiar, almost like it's an amalgam of the Lacrima-99 from Resurrection and one of the WY weapons from 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' or something.

426Buddy

Im probably going to pass on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed