PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017

Started by GrimmVision, May 16, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

Author
PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017 (Read 69,844 times)

Alien³

Alien³

I sat down and gave this a watch yesterday, man you've brought together a truly amazing edit of Prometheus! It honestly felt like I was watching a totally new movie! The new scenes were interspliced seamlessly. Congrats man.

Spoiler
If you ever do another edit may I recommend adding some more ambient noises and up the music volume slightly during Shaws confrontation with the Engineer? The sound seemed oddly quiet throughout that scene, up until she opens the door to release the trilobite. Aside from that man perfection!
[close]

I was hooked throughout!

2 hours 40 mins had never gone by so fast.

Elmazalman

The viewing went by quick for me too. I enjoyed this extended edit, it's more satisfying than what's commercially available at the moment.

windebieste

Hopefully, we'll see an official extended cut of the movie released sometime in the future on BluRay or DVD.   So much content got cut that improves this movie to no end and the home entertainment market is the ideal place to re-introduce it. 

Despite the face I already own a RluRay copy of the movie, I'd buy it again for that reason.  'PROMETHEUS' deserves a better treatment.

-Windebieste.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Thanks for the support, everyone!

I'm making a slight change to this release.. unfortunately one of the very last edits I made to it before uploading it, I accidentally cut out some of Vickers' introduction in the briefing scene and I didn't catch it. It just goes from her saying "Good morning" to "Okay then, on with the show." so, she says nothing about the people she hired personally :-[

New link to watch or download will be up within a couple days, guys.

Hemi

Hemi

Watched  parts of this last night and I must say.... It flows more natural in some parts. Specially after the c-section. You get the feeling Shaw has more time to recover somehow (or am I seeing things...) Also Janeks stupid conversation with Shaw about the militairy base is a bit better since had the talk with Vickers first. (though he just repeats it again)

I have to say... Good work, and what a shame this movie is so borked that the fans can make better edits...

Bishop2

Bishop2

It's amazing we have fans who can do this kind of thing. Thank you so much.

I just hope we can get similar work to fix up Covenant one day.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Bishop2 on May 22, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
It's amazing we have fans who can do this kind of thing. Thank you so much.

I just hope we can get similar work to fix up Covenant one day.

Yeah, A:C needs a hell of a lot of polishing as well.

DrumZ

DrumZ

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 18, 2017, 02:48:19 PM
Aaaaand, It's done processing in HD! Thank you all for your patience!
I hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do ;D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIewBtyckjtOS1KOGd5YVlEajA/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

I'm definitely interested in your edit, many thanks for your work !!

But the file is not available...
Have you got a direct link ?

"Désolé, le fichier que vous avez demandé n'existe pas.

Vérifiez que vous disposez de la bonne URL et que le fichier existe bien."

GrimmVision

Quote from: DrumZ on May 23, 2017, 07:48:19 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 18, 2017, 02:48:19 PM
Aaaaand, It's done processing in HD! Thank you all for your patience!
I hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do ;D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIewBtyckjtOS1KOGd5YVlEajA/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

I'm definitely interested in your edit, many thanks for your work !!

But the file is not available...
Have you got a direct link ?

"Désolé, le fichier que vous avez demandé n'existe pas.

Vérifiez que vous disposez de la bonne URL et que le fichier existe bien."

I'll hopefully have another link up tomorrow. I had to make some changes to the edit, so I took it down for the time being. Check back in the next couple days! Thanks :]

DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 22, 2017, 03:36:37 AM

I'm making a slight change to this release.. unfortunately one of the very last edits I made to it before uploading it, I accidentally cut out some of Vickers' introduction in the briefing scene and I didn't catch it. It just goes from her saying "Good morning" to "Okay then, on with the show." so, she says nothing about the people she hired personally :-[

https://media.tenor.co/images/418f58958ac2030d01cc12ea557737af/tenor.gif

Well, crap. Today... right now was the only time I had to watch this. File not found... If Vickers' acknowledging the people she hired is the only thing you lost, you didn't lose much. I watched the BluRay last Thursday and that specifically is one of the pieces I thought about cutting. It adds nothing - except that it possibly explains why Milburn and Fifield are so incompetent that whoever hired them was a moron and couldn't run in any direction except straight.

DrumZ

DrumZ

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 23, 2017, 07:56:39 AM
I'll hopefully have another link up tomorrow. I had to make some changes to the edit, so I took it down for the time being. Check back in the next couple days! Thanks :]

Thanks CoalescedChaos !

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteSorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Shit!

Alien³

Alien³

Is the updated version available?

LogCabinByTheLake

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 22, 2017, 03:36:37 AM

https://media.tenor.co/images/418f58958ac2030d01cc12ea557737af/tenor.gif

Cant Wait! :)

Bishop2

Bishop2

Bated breath over here... very stoked to see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed