WATCH OR DOWNLOAD NOW!
UPDATED LINK (JANUARY 31st 2018):
Thanks for checking this out, I hope all of you enjoy! Please, let me know what you think!Support the artists! BUY PROMETHEUS!
I've recently decided to throw Prometheus into the Final Cut app with many of it's Blu-Ray deleted scenes. I did not take any scene out of this edit that are in the original theatrical film, because I already enjoy mostly everything in the film. I kept out deleted scenes that looked incomplete or simply felt too rough to be incorporated into a coherent and fully watchable version. I sadly don't have the ability to make them look complete - I would've loved to have the back and forth between David and Vickers as he's leaving the Juggernaut and she's headed down to the cargo bay to prevent Holloway from coming on board, but it's just too rough of a cut.
I feel some of these key scenes make the movie more enjoyable as they elaborate upon some of the character's motives, the choices they make, as well as help us understand how certain characters come to the conclusions they seem to make so easily in the theatrical cut.
At around 2 hours and 40 minutes, it has:
• The extended sacrificial scene with the Elder Engineers
• The full length Weyland TED Talk
• Shaw's transmission to Weyland - New fully rendered scene that shows Weyland's research facility on Mars
• David's extended intro as he watches Lawrence of Arabia
• Janek's Christmas talk
• Extended Milburn and Fifield dialogue
• Janek sending probes from the Prometheus out into the atmosphere as they enter the storm
• Milburn finding the flatworm
• Shaw's speech of how the Earth came to be after David saves her
• Milburn and Fifield finding the Hammerpede skin
• Longer dialogue between Shaw and Holloway after he sees something in his eye while looking in the mirror
• Alternate CGI Fifield attack sequence
• Janek's and Vickers' conversation about "pushing the button"
• Shaw praying in the mirror
• Extended dialogue between Vickers and Weyland, but edited so that it's not as choppy as the full deleted scene
• Weyland's speech for the Last Engineer, but I kept the Engineer quiet - he's creepier that way
• Extended scene where the Engineer plays with the chandelier, finds Shaw behind the counter, and she uses the axe on the Engineer before unleashing the Trilobite - This scene originally didn't match up with the theatrical version because half the Engineer's face is burned in the theatrical version, but not in the deleted scene. This is rectified and the Engineer's face is no longer burned at any part of this scene thanks to CGI enhancements
• Extended dialogue between Shaw and David as she goes back to get David in the Juggernaut - this is the "sweeter" version of the scene, not the alternate cut where Shaw says "And you're a f**king robot."
• The "Intro to Mankind" transmission that's broadcasted for the Engineers plays after the credits
• The David 8 viral video plays after the "Intro to Mankind" transmission video
I kept the "sweeter" version of Shaw talking to Holloway after the Engineers head explodes because I love the twisted realization that Shaw is supposed to be infertile, but goes through a traumatic experience involving having an Alien baby inside of her.
Not all credit on this goes to me, as there was another fan edit of Prometheus I cut a few things from, including the hard work that was put into rendering the scene where Weyland watches Shaw's transmission in his research facility on Mars, and the editing on the Engineer's face during the melee sequence with Shaw. I refined some of the poorly edited cuts and transitions, making it an overall much more streamlined re-envisioning. Credit for those newly enhanced scenes, I believe goes to James Rivers. His workprint edition is the one I'm working off of. He created a trailer for his version which can be viewed below.