I will say this about Shane Black

Started by germanator2, May 16, 2017, 05:00:07 AM

Author
I will say this about Shane Black (Read 4,615 times)

germanator2

I have my own skeptics about what we know so far, especially since the pictures of the Predators have dropped (they're kinda low quality, so I don't think its fair to judge, but based on what I see, they look good) and the whole idea behind the Predators working together with the humans. I may not be a hundred percent on it, however, the pictures very well could be taken out of context, i.e. what if the Predators were originally hunting the humans, then were forced to team up and will hunt them later - keep in mind, the Predator race isn't exactly evil. They're just assholes, thats all, but don't want to see the human race be exterminated, so if something is going to threaten their favorite game, I can understand a team up plot. But I still have faith in Black. He was part of the franchise, so I have no reason to doubt him. If Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon and even Nice Guys is any indication, he knows how to construct interesting and compelling characters to care about, so I feel like we'll definitely be rooting for some of the characters. But also, Black is going a different direction. It won't just be another run-of-a-mill killing off 7 or so characters in the jungle and the last guy fights the Predator. Would fans be upset if he did that, probably not, but if Alien: Covenant is any indication, it went back to its roots with the standard Alien and everything. Did fans like it, yes, but at the same time it also hurt the film because it didn't really offer anything new. I think Black will definitely explore more into the Predator's mythos with compelling and interesting characters and just a fun time.

Randomizer

I think it's a bit early to judge. Maybe they were fooling around the set. The Predators don't have to be in the tank or even stick together with the humans.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: germanator2 on May 16, 2017, 05:00:07 AM
what if the Predators were originally hunting the humans, then were forced to team up and will hunt them later - keep in mind, the Predator race isn't exactly evil

Literally the plot, give or take a few potential assumptions.

Master

Master

Bullshit. They deflected earlier and are effectively working with US army. They are good, human friendly predators.

Johnny Handsome

That's why they are deflectors, they aren't normal Predators and probably being abandoned by their own kind anyway.

I don't know what the fuzz is all about, it's not like all Predators are good guys all the sudden, they are still the cocky mofos they were in the past movies, so there are a couple that aren't really all on killing and hunting, fine, that's not how an intelligent, very advanced civilization works anyway. That's the difference between us and the neanderthals.

When there are bad bloods, why not Predators that are exactly the opposite? Predators already understood our language in the past, the elder even talked to Harrigan, suggesting that Predators also study languages and the culture of their prey, i don't think this is far fetched at all and actually really interesting.

I think the idea with the translator is awesome and a really clever way to give the Predator more character, without having him talk actual words with our heroes.

Doomofman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 16, 2017, 12:47:11 PM
That's why they are deflectors, they aren't normal Predators and probably being abandoned by their own kind anyway.

I don't know what the fuzz is all about, it's not like all Predators are good guys all the sudden, they are still the cocky mofos they were in the past movies, so there are a couple that aren't really all on killing and hunting, fine, that's not how an intelligent, very advanced civilization works anyway. That's the difference between us and the neanderthals.

When there are bad bloods, why not Predators that are exactly the opposite? Predators already understood our language in the past, the elder even talked to Harrigan, suggesting that Predators also study languages and the culture of their prey, i don't think this is far fetched at all and actually really interesting.

I think the idea with the translator is awesome and a really clever way to give the Predator more character, without having him talk actual words with our heroes.

I agree with most of this, not entirely sold on the translator but it's better than having english speaking predators conversing with humans

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on May 16, 2017, 12:06:54 PM
Bullshit. They deflected earlier and are effectively working with US army. They are good, human friendly predators.

Big difference between working with humanity against a common enemy and 'good and friendly.'
Spoiler
The defector featured in the first two acts slaughters McKenna's men without hesitation.
[close]

Predator_Spirit

This is a fact.

SpeedyMaxx

We've (allegedly) read the same script and come away with opposite impressions, so no, it's not. It's your interpretation. You can call these things 'facts' all you want, but I'm sorry, nothing will change.

Johnny Handsome

He's always stating his opinion as facts, it's ok though, he's still learning.

Doomofman

Alternative facts?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Doomofman on May 16, 2017, 02:24:12 PM
Alternative facts?
In a galaxy far far away... NOW... what was i thinking, back on topic.

Anyway Shane Black, yeah, still looking forward to the movie.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 16, 2017, 02:21:57 PM
He's always stating his opinion as facts, it's ok though, he's still learning.

It's a fact from the script and the pics.
Deal with it. :)

Master

Master

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

Big difference between working with humanity against a common enemy and 'good and friendly.'
Spoiler
The defector featured in the first two acts slaughters McKenna's men without hesitation.
[close]

Spoiler
Honestly I'm not sure what Predator in first act is supposed to be. He acts like normal predator, is supposed be defector and has human dna like hybrid.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 16, 2017, 12:47:11 PM

Exactly, what is so hard to understand that not all Predators think the same?

Do you guys really think that every single one out there hunts and kills humans? That some won't stop to think that we can be useful in fighting a common enemy?

They're an intelligent and "civilised" race of individuals, not Xenomorphs. Some will deflect and do things out of the norm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed