Why the preds send only the wolf?

Started by vortep, Sep 18, 2007, 08:49:25 PM

Author
Why the preds send only the wolf? (Read 40,394 times)

RealKreator

maybe he's the only predator to hear the distress calls from the ship, or the first one to get there (the closest one to earth) there's no evidence other preds may show up near the end of the movie

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

He wasn't sent......he got a distress signal while masterbating! ::) :D :D :D :D

JaredK21

JaredK21

Quote from: Old Painless on Sep 18, 2007, 10:56:44 PM
I think we're all overlooking the obvious reason for why Wolf is alone- it makes a better movie. The explanation for this in terms of the story line is academic. What matters is that he's a lone hunter, which was always an incredibly important part of the Predator's gravitas and mystique. Anderson dispensed with that, which was in my opinion one of his biggest mistakes. The moment you see these particular creatures hunting in packs, it subtracts a lot of their respect and honour. Not to mention the intimidation. Think about it- the original Predator movie would not have been as good if there were multiple enemies. It just would of been "them" instead of "him", which is much more threatening and disturbing psychologically. One single bad-ass, that's all you need.

That's exactly what I was gonna say. Perfect.

Docta Jekyll

or they could have only sent him because they know they won't need any other predators, because Wolf will be enough

and if that is the case, it speaks gallons for his character, obviously, if they only send one, that one has got to be a predator on a level of skill and with a prowess in extreme situations like we've never seen before.

we have the answer to why they send Wolf and only Wolf, obviously because they are sure thats all they'll need, they can always send another if he fails, but why send more from the get go if it is unneeded

and in the films, predators have always hunted solo, unless they were teenagers on a specific manhood ritual in the film that will not be named, so having more here would only detract from the predator's character, and go against the original films.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 19, 2007, 12:44:11 AM
[...] we have the answer to why they send Wolf and only Wolf, obviously because they are sure thats all they'll need, they can always send another if he fails, but why send more from the get go if it is unneeded

That is just retarded...why send more from the get go? Well maybe because if he is alone,and he does fail and there are no other predators, the aliens will spread even further and triple in numbers buy the time the second fool arrives...

Quote from: Master on Sep 18, 2007, 10:01:21 PM
It is very human way of thinking that there should be a squad of about five Preds to wipe out Xenomorphs, but Predator is a fu**in alien and he does not think like humans.

No it's not a human way to think about it...it's the logical way to think about...all I need now is for predator fans to tell me that the predators are not logical...if so...then we have reached a new low...

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 19, 2007, 12:44:11 AM
[...] and in the films, predators have always hunted solo, unless they were teenagers on a specific manhood ritual in the film that will not be named, so having more here would only detract from the predator's character, and go against the original films.

I can't win with you people...first you tell me that the dual Plasma Caster is cool, the predalien molting into a queen is cool, the markings on the Wolf's helmet are cool, none of which are in any of the originals I might add...but I say that five predators in this movie is realistic, and you throw me the, "go against the original films" argument...do me a fu<king favor and make up your damn minds...

Punk19

Punk19

Maybe he was in the area and decided he needed a challenge? Just a suggestion

Docta Jekyll

well, I just think you don't want to believe how good of a hunter/cleaner wolf is supposed to be, obviously, if they send just him, he is good enough to be enough, so good that they don't believe he will fail at all, so good that sending another with him would be overdoing it. I mean, obviously they have absolutely full confidence in him, and him failing would be a shock, thats how good he is supposed to be.

I bet thats retarded too? Well thats obviously the way it is, if Wolf fails, he is supposed to blow his nuke like every predator is supposed to, meaning there shouldnt be a need for any more, send one, if he 'fails' he blows the place, takes care of everything, they send one to make sure the threat was completely elminated, there is no logical need for any more then one.

the weapons of a predator have always been changed/modified etc. with every film, dual plasma casters is just another interesting weapon idea that works, but a predator hunting solo is a great defining thing for their character, they hunt alone, they aren't pack hunters, they don't try to rely on others to help them survive, thats how predators work.

and by the way, the predalien molting into a queen is not something I'm fond of, don't generalise every one of us as 'you people'

so in conclusion, one is plenty, because obviously whoever sends wolf thinks he can handle it, and by nature, predators are solo hunters, so they send their best, Wolf, his victory is not nevessarily garenteed, but thats what the nuke attached to his wrist is for...

Punk19

Punk19

Quote from: SPEC. AGENT KEYES on Sep 19, 2007, 12:11:09 AM
He wasn't sent......he got a distress signal while masterbating! ::) :D :D :D :D

Am I allowed the picture that in my mind? It's disgusting yet funny at the same time

Predator Queen

With a name like "Wolf" he must have alot of killing talent

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 19, 2007, 03:02:21 AM
well, I just think you don't want to believe how good of a hunter/cleaner wolf is supposed to be [...]

You're absolutely right...

the weapons of a predator have always been changed/modified etc. with every film, dual plasma casters is just another interesting weapon idea that works [...]

Right...so lets go the Star Wars way and just continuously give more lightsabers to the characters to keep the fights more interesting...by the time we reach a thrid AvP, I want the predators to have dual-double plasma casters, and a predtank...

[...] if Wolf fails, he is supposed to blow his nuke like every predator is supposed to, meaning there shouldnt be a need for any more, send one, if he 'fails' he blows the place, takes care of everything, they send one to make sure the threat was completely elminated, there is no logical need for any more then one.

[...] his victory is not nevessarily garenteed, but thats what the nuke attached to his wrist is for...

His self-detonation does not ultimately mean containment of the threat...'30 square city blocks' was the blast radius of a predators self-detonation device according to Keyes...I live in a major city...and 30 square blocks is definitely not large enough to encompass all of Gunnison...

and by the way, the predalien molting into a queen is not something I'm fond of, don't generalise every one of us as 'you people'

Fair enough...

Daweism

Daweism

What is your take on Aliens getting stronger every movie to the point of dodging bullets?

Gates?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Daweism on Sep 19, 2007, 04:02:41 AM
What is your take on Aliens getting stronger every movie to the point of dodging bullets?

Gates?

Well first off they never progressively got stronger...if anything one could argue that Aliens actually made them weaker than in the original (I don't hold that belief but some do)...but when it comes to Resurrection and dodging bullets, yes I think the aliens abilities were exaggerated to the point of being offensive...

Anything else I can help you with...?

Noir-Gojira

QuoteWhat is your take on Aliens getting stronger every movie to the point of dodging bullets?

That isn't strength, it's speed; and the fact that the bullets were moving through water made them somewhat easier to avoid.

gameoverman

I don't think anyone sends the Wolf.  The Wolf gets the distress call and decides to investigate.  No one sends him.

Daweism

Daweism

No testing your bias and seeing where you stand.

Your cool in my books.  I don't mind "ability" exaggeration as long as it's not over the top and both side are still even. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed