Alien: Covenant | \'Rare Breed\' | Official HD Featurette 2017

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2017, 12:34:42 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant | \'Rare Breed\' | Official HD Featurette 2017 (Read 1,922 times)

rabidranger

Quote from: Predaker on May 10, 2017, 02:35:48 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on May 10, 2017, 02:23:41 PM
It just doesn't quite make sense for Ridley to suddenly have a preference for all-CGI monsters especially when the practical stuff was being made as well. Perhaps they just got overzealous in their touching up with CGI?

Simple, an actor in a suit can't do what CGI can. It's not about him wanting CGI for the sake of it, it's about how he wanted the alien depicted.

Right. People like to wax nostalgic about the original Alien but that guy/creature hardly moved.

cucuchu

cucuchu

True

Ideally what I would like is a practical alien when near the cast or interacting with them, perhaps with some digital overlay for certain elements. Have a CGI-based model that literally mimics the practical alien so when the alien needs to perform a movement that a guy in a suit cannot, you have the individual in the suit begin the initial portion of the movement and then follow it through in the next frame with CGI. They should be able to do this seamlessly but you could utilize lighting/camera angle tricks to make it more believable if it looks somewhat jarring. Basically only utilizing the CGI for the portions of the movement that are literally impossible for actor to perform but you start and end the movement with the practical version.

This I would prefer to pure CGI but maybe its not realistic. I don't know much about the subject matter, just spit-balling ideas on how I would like to see it done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed