User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What did you think of Alien Covenant?

Loved it. (5/5)
95 (22.6%)
Good, it was enjoyable. (4/5)
135 (32.1%)
It was okay. (3/5)
80 (19%)
Could have been better. (2/5)
57 (13.6%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
25 (6%)
Hated it! (0/5)
28 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 415

Author Topic: Alien Covenant Fan Reviews  (Read 169536 times)

Hudson
Apr 06, 2020, 05:00:14 PM
Reply #1725 on: Apr 06, 2020, 05:00:14 PM
Q
Tbh, other than wandering out onto the planet with no protective gear and immediately deciding David is totes trustworthy when he's clearly creepy as f*ck (I'm thinking of you in particular, Oram), I didn't think the characters in Covenant were egregiously dumb.

This I found to be particularly egregious, and impossible to suspend my disbelief for, especially after he openly models himself to look identical to Walter, which no one seemed to notice, let alone question.

Immortan Jonesy
Apr 06, 2020, 05:09:52 PM
Reply #1726 on: Apr 06, 2020, 05:09:52 PM
Q
Ever heard about Darwin Awards  :laugh:

You wouldn't expect those f*cknuckles to be hired as the crew of an important interstellar mission though.

Fair enough. Although real life has shown us that dumb people can have a lot of money and power sometimes  :-\

szkoki
Apr 08, 2020, 08:15:32 AM
Reply #1727 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:15:32 AM
Q
I posted the video for entertainment and it is for entertainment purposes mainly. Dont take it seriously guys.
The creator for example loves Event Horizont. Which let admit can be another guilty pleasure like Covenant.

Gaunchola
Aug 02, 2020, 07:24:44 PM
Reply #1728 on: Aug 02, 2020, 07:24:44 PM
Q
reply  @ Oasis Nadrama

I think I ´ve read something somewhere , like  "... in movie theatres everyone can hear you scream ! "  So maybe it was just my lucky choice to better not watch  it  in movie theatres .
Find it interesting that you say you loved Prometheus to  death . For it wasn ´t exactly what I would `ve gotten out of it right after leaving me with that  " prequel expression over the whole face " , but  -    When  it comes to that poll I ´d list both of these movies well below the others  , 1 , 2 , 3  aaand ( oh yes ) 4  included . Why ? Simple . I thought that Prometheus would basically clear up some of the questions about the origin of these aliens , or at least be some sort of " type of alien like " contribution  to the other movies ( which when I was teen I kinda liked pretty much and still do) So when it comes to Prometheus , I really think it still was the better movie , but simply for the fact that it had some potential to , well , be set straight in the following ( ever so epic ) chapter . Though I didn ´t like that " prequel " moment , for a while I thought this was were things were going  . 
Rape culture , idk if I ´d say that ´s what it makes me think of exactly . But boy do we get a super implausible super heroine ( speaking of Shaw ) , by the time she still doesn ´t seem to be all too curious about why exactly she was full speed - pregnant - etc . And then literally decides to go ckeck out what exactly it is those engi guys do in their homeworld . " Your welcome ! "
Compared to such a lvl. of naivety the alien offspring ( deacon or whatever ) must ´ve been some sort of schmoozy squirrel hug me alien , after all ?  Yet , taking in account what size it already had after being hatched out of that huge facehugger squid , well I don ´t know . . .

Then , what else  . After having figured out that  Prometheus was  a  prequel ( which was true " nacho " moment giving me a good dose of extra saltyness for real ) , I still could ´ve thought of some good story which was about to unfold , probably . Something  like David having secret plans considering the engineers , ok , but also something involving this  deacon  , and for sure some sort of concept that could probably fit all of that mythology stuff ( think of the xenomorphs as some sort of bio weapon , ok , rather call it a nemesis just in case if a.s.o )
Something like that  .  Now , Covenant - does all of that . In a way . In a very stupid way  , and what have you . . .   -   All of this metaphoric stuff . Ugh !   David , to begin with , who turns out to be the lightbearer , the conqueror of worlds , the psycho prototype model formerly known as Ash . Aaaand of course he slashed Shaw ( it was time for punishment ) and no need to mention that he gave them gooooooooooo - as much as he could ( it was time for punishment ) . So , don ´t punch me - but I didn ´ t like Covenant , for several reasons . Not saying Scott is a butt , but this whole story didn ´t go that much further ( so *f**k* Blade Runner2whatever , hehe ) .
As one can tell , it used to be about the atmosphere , some sort of uncertain feel , or that marine trash talk , or whatever it was Lt. Ripley had to come forth with . Included , in both of these movies , not .  for example , have a look at the scene where these engineers aliens are running , like , they simply are in real big trouble . Hm . Kind  of  had  that , but , well . . .  :-)
mho

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed