Alien: Covenant B-Roll & Bloopers Video Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 09, 2017, 07:37:05 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant B-Roll & Bloopers Video Now Online! (Read 8,453 times)

Corporal Hicks

JoBlo has just uploaded a massive 5 minute video full to the brim of B-roll footage and bloopers from Alien: Covenant (and some from the virals)! There’s a lot of footage from throughout the film in here so avoid if you don’t want to see any spoilers!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

whiterabbit

Infected

Cant wait to see it.

But look at the sets and the work they put in, Ridley really really nails it with this, just saw that of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 but fully studio and blue screen.
But this is just amazing!!!

LV-12986

The hand to hand combat towards the end of this video? Wasn't expecting that, a few things I saw make me suspect there could be a hidden agenda/special order 937 amongst one or two of the crew

Or it's just my paranoia  :o

shawsbaby

This makes me even more excited to see the movie. I admire how much work Ridley and his production crew put into these films.

SyntaX

Quote from: Infected on May 09, 2017, 08:57:53 AM
Cant wait to see it.

But look at the sets and the work they put in, Ridley really really nails it with this, just saw that of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 but fully studio and blue screen.

Eh? What? If you are going to take a jab at Guardians of the Galaxy make sure you get your facts straight please  :P

GoTG Vol.2 had sets constructed. Plenty of 'em actually. Alien Covenant is nowhere near as big of a movie as GOTG2 is. Can't compare the two really.

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Love this stuff.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@ 4:19 is this possibly a David vs Walter scene?

LV-12986

LV-12986

You're telling me a movie from the biggest sci-fi/horror franchise in last 40years isn't as big as gotg  ;D

Go back to bed

Yeah I thought that but who's wrestling with Daniels before that?

Infected

Quote from: SyntaX on May 09, 2017, 09:56:35 AM
Cant wait to see it.

Eh? What? If you are going to take a jab at Guardians of the Galaxy make sure you get your facts straight please  :P

GoTG Vol.2 had sets constructed. Plenty of 'em actually. Alien Covenant is nowhere near as big of a movie as GOTG2 is. Can't compare the two really.
I dont see facts coming from you lol.

Im not jabbing, im critizing, at GotG you see blue green screens, you see Gunn with his cup of coffee smiling in a warm studio, i see Ridley on location with big ass machinery and standing in the middle of it directing and explaining it, heck he even says to the actress he tells her they put Colgate in the liquid she will have in her mouth, im rooting for practical effects mixed with cgi and on location filming, you just cant beat filming in natural light as in day and night and on real locations.

That is also most likely the reason we still like older movies, because its relatable to feeling and emotion, you cant find emotions in blue and green screens.

Feeds On Minds

jesus...every day this movie is coming off more and more desperate for attention. 

Sway

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 09, 2017, 11:15:02 AM
jesus...every day this movie is coming off more and more desperate for attention.

I pretty sure that's what most films aim to due before they are released....

Richman678

I remember yelling about the lack of marketing. Now I actually think they went a little overboard.

Robopadna

Quote from: Infected on May 09, 2017, 10:51:34 AM
Cant wait to see it.

Im not jabbing, im critizing, at GotG you see blue green screens, you see Gunn with his cup of coffee smiling in a warm studio, i see Ridley on location with big ass machinery and standing in the middle of it directing and explaining it, heck he even says to the actress he tells her they put Colgate in the liquid she will have in her mouth, im rooting for practical effects mixed with cgi and on location filming, you just cant beat filming in natural light as in day and night and on real locations.

That is also most likely the reason we still like older movies, because its relatable to feeling and emotion, you cant find emotions in blue and green screens.

Guardians will have more emotion and feeling in regard to its characters than Covenant does.  Virtually every single review will tell you the Covenant crew are largely meat sacks with the exception of, ironically enough, the two robot characters.

Having real sets largely helps the actors orient themselves to EXACTLY where things are instead of estimating where they need to look.  It also allows them to react to real things instead of looking at concept art and then filming in front of the green screen.  From an audience perspective, there is still an issue having to do with perceived weight and solidness of a cgi rendered character/set/whatever.  You can see it in Covenant with how crappy the cgi alien looks.

Infected

Quote from: Robopadna on May 09, 2017, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 09, 2017, 10:51:34 AM
Cant wait to see it.

Guardians will have more emotion and feeling in regard to its characters than Covenant does.  Virtually every single review will tell you the Covenant crew are largely meat sacks with the exception of, ironically enough, the two robot characters.

Having real sets largely helps the actors orient themselves to EXACTLY where things are instead of estimating where they need to look.  It also allows them to react to real things instead of looking at concept art and then filming in front of the green screen.  From an audience perspective, there is still an issue having to do with perceived weight and solidness of a cgi rendered character/set/whatever.  You can see it in Covenant with how crappy the cgi alien looks.
Relatable as to the look and feel not the characters, the industrial look that surrounds the alien franchise, as it does for Event Horizon and Outland etc makes it more relatable, movies like Guardians doesnt have that, its just a fun escape, but nobody relates to any of the Marvel sets, except Captain America the First Avenger, that came pretty close.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed