BTS shots

Started by mancheetah, May 09, 2017, 01:38:49 AM

Author
BTS shots (Read 24,257 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

The BTS photo of Shaw is definitely real, but I do think that the version seen in the film looks a little bit more like Noomi Rapace though. This one seems to lack the hair. We don't know when this photo was taken so it's quite possible it was tweaked further during filming. In the finished version, the hairdo is more distinctive and CLEARLY Shaw and I don't recall the eyes being open. I could've sworn they were closed. As Hicks said, the shot is brief. So I will definitely be watching this scene a lot closer when I see it again the 18th.

Janus

Janus

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 09, 2017, 07:01:56 PM
Yep, the red corridor shot isn't in the film.
Spoiler
Shaw's body is found by Walter and looks the same as the BTS image.
[close]
I did not write about the scene in the red corridor. I wrote about the scene of an alien attack on two people
Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2017, 07:41:08 PM
HBO posted a short vid on youtube. The sketch shown near the end looks...different from what we see here. I won't get into specifics, but there is a stark difference from the nose down. What gives? Is this not what we see in the movie then?
It's an album of sketches.
Spoiler
Shaw's face will not be so damaged
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

The sketch was far more gruesome than what is shown here, and also resembled the actual character much more closely. I'm starting to wonder if the film has been toned down or altered for certain markets. Or possibly, additional/different material held back before widespread release. That would definitely be a surprise twist.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

So Shaw is a gonner, this is ALIEN3 with HICKS & NEWT all over again!

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on May 09, 2017, 07:54:31 PM
So Shaw is a gonner, this is ALIEN3 with HICKS & NEWT all over again!

Sadly, that's the case.

Janus

Janus

Quote from: GQSioux on May 09, 2017, 07:42:01 PM
The BTS photo of Shaw is definitely real, but I do think that the version seen in the film looks a little bit more like Noomi Rapace though. This one seems to lack the hair. We don't know when this photo was taken so it's quite possible it was tweaked further during filming. In the finished version, the hairdo is more distinctive and CLEARLY Shaw and I don't recall the eyes being open. I could've sworn they were closed. As Hicks said, the shot is brief. So I will definitely be watching this scene a lot closer when I see it again the 18th.
Absolutely agree! But it seems to me that her eyes were open

M_Tak

M_Tak

* look at own risk

Spoiler
I thought her eyes were shut when we saw her in the film, then it pans down to her torso which was spread open, it was disgusting. I had a feeling that was her outcome but couldn't believe it when I saw it. So sad actually. F*ck David. 
[close]

MaxCoool

MaxCoool

I'd like to ask other people who saw Covenant what they think about this: in all reviews/reactions, no matter positive or negative, I've never met a mention about the fact that the film transforms from serious tone into dark comedy and self-parody in the second half of the second act - parts of the third act. There are some scenes, where Ridley clearly makes fun of Alien and these scenes were very much WTF moments and audience reactions at my screening were loudly the same. It reminded me of Alien: Ressurection, but Jean uses his French sense of humor and Ridley uses his own. I wasn't happy with these tone changes and many people at my screening too. I expected a serious movie which makes Alien scary and serious again, but what I saw wasn't what reviews/Ridley/marketing promised. But critics seem to be okay with it or they just don't care.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: M_Tak on May 09, 2017, 08:07:59 PM
* look at own risk

Spoiler
I thought her eyes were shut when we saw her in the film, then it pans down to her torso which was spread open, it was disgusting. I had a feeling that was her outcome but couldn't believe it when I saw it. So sad actually. F*ck David. 
[close]

Spoiler
I found the scene to be very effective. It was heartbreaking. It would've had a stronger impact though if they had left in the footage from the prologue. It would've been great to see her alive in the film before the big reveal.
[close]

Janus

Janus

Quote from: MaxCoool on May 09, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
I'd like to ask other people who saw Covenant what they think about this: in all reviews/reactions, no matter positive or negative, I've never met a mention about the fact that the film transforms from serious tone into dark comedy and self-parody in the second half of the second act - parts of the third act. There are some scenes, where Ridley clearly makes fun of Alien and these scenes were very much WTF moments and audience reactions at my screening were loudly the same. It reminded me of Alien: Ressurection, but Jean uses his French sense of humor and Ridley uses his own. I wasn't happy with these tone changes and many people at my screening too. I expected a serious movie which makes Alien scary and serious again, but what I saw wasn't what reviews/Ridley/marketing promised. But critics seem to be okay with it or they just don't care.
aha!
For example, the scene of the birth of an alien
spoiler

Its David
and its Alien
And this is Me when I watched this scene

MaxCoool

MaxCoool

Quote from: Janus on May 09, 2017, 08:20:15 PM
aha!
For example, the scene of the birth of an alien
spoiler

Its David
and its Alien
And this is Me when I watched this scene
Yes, one of the biggest examples of what I mean.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

NOooooooOOO :'( my dear shaw :'(

what have you done you maniac?  >:(

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Captain Dallas at Thedus

They take the one compelling character-Shaw,keep the evil f**king robot I wish Vicker had yoked his cord,& we get doughy lego faced KW&Pineapple Express!!f**k THIS MOVIE NOW&FOREVER!!!Whoever's behind this has screwed the pooch!!!!!!Some people don't when to stop....

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Captain Dallas at Thedus on May 09, 2017, 09:15:10 PM
They take the one compelling character-Shaw,keep the evil f**king robot I wish Vicker had yoked his cord,& we get doughy lego faced KW&Pineapple Express!!f**k THIS MOVIE NOW&FOREVER!!!Whoever's behind this has screwed the pooch!!!!!!Some people don't when to stop....

They can just clone her once Wal-Mart (who buys out Wetland-Yutani before the events of Alien Resurrection ) sends a ship hundreds of years later and finds some Shaw DNA frozen in a capsule by David.

Because if what you guys are saying about Covenant having a comedic tone to it is true, then to hell with it. That shit is one of my chief complaints of Alien: Resurrection. This franchise won't just be overcooked but rather overcooked, digested and violently shat all over the walls of 20th Century Fox.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Janus on May 09, 2017, 07:11:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2017, 07:09:07 PM
That you can see in the latest hbo video too. :)
Ask me anything you like

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just pointing out for the others where they could see that.   :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed