What the actual f*ck is this?!
Spoiler
[close]

0321recon

0321recon

:'( 

Hard-R

Hard-R

So for people who've seen the film - how does this photo of Shaw play out?

sugarhigh

sugarhigh

Hahaha, those shots in David's lab are hilarious! They look like cheap Halloween props you'd find at Wal Mart. RIP Alien........

Scott

Scott

Reminds me of that giger drawing, biomech princess, nefertiti? Is that the name? You know?

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: sugarhigh on May 09, 2017, 03:48:38 PM
Hahaha, those shots in David's lab are hilarious! They look like cheap Halloween props you'd find at Wal Mart. RIP Alien........

As is the case in most backstage pictures. The alien is in the original alien was obviously a man in a suit. The props looked out of place. That is the whole point of cinematography and instilling the right ambience for immersion through angles, lighting, effects, etc not just during the shoot but post-production.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

At this point people are just complaining to complain. Of course it looks fake, it is fake! Watch the movie and see how they transform this stuff on the screen. It's cinematic magic. If it looks bad on screen, sure complain, but until then, whining about a prop looking like a prop is silly.

dlb

dlb

One thing I hope to get ouf of this are the sketches by David in the upcoming art book. Hopefully.

But what the hell is he doing with the Engineers? Especially with the two heads fused together...

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: dlb on May 09, 2017, 04:10:38 PM
One thing I hope to get ouf of this are the sketches by David in the upcoming art book. Hopefully.

But what the hell is he doing with the Engineers? Especially with the two heads fused together...

Weird Science

Buttfinder

Buttfinder

You should have used big letters in the name of the thread - SPOILER ALERT. It is my curiosity to blame though. I knew that David was going to do something with Shaw. Now I've seen it.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I love it!
Spoiler
David's lab is going to be gruesome.

Also, Queen Shaw confirmed.  :laugh: Can't wait to read the prequel novel.
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Davids Lab is about as gruesome as Dr. Evils evil cave in a tunnel of horror.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Scott on May 09, 2017, 03:56:27 PM
Reminds me of that giger drawing, biomech princess, nefertiti? Is that the name? You know?

Yes, it reminds me of Giger's work too

Spoiler
[close]

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Quote from: Hard-R on May 09, 2017, 03:30:53 PM
So for people who've seen the film - how does this photo of Shaw play out?
Spoiler
Walter finds her body right before confronting David towards the end. Basically David has lied to all of them and said she died in the crash after the accelerant was accidentally released.
[close]

Pat

Pat

I think she is wearing an engineers helmet that is open.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed