LV223, LV426, LV...?

Started by Citadel, May 07, 2017, 11:29:11 PM

Author
LV223, LV426, LV...? (Read 2,524 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on May 08, 2017, 04:48:45 AM
Quote from: Sway on May 07, 2017, 11:52:12 PM
LV-666 is when shit really hits the fan. Be warned.
Don't give the trolls any ideas. :laugh:

Ja, i hope Ridley isnt reading along...

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

I don't think we have to worry about that, hopefully.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Unless the novels tell us any different, this is Paradise, the Engineers homeworld they set off for.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:16:56 AM
Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:12:39 AM
Quote from: AsapJockey on May 08, 2017, 12:08:42 AM
So you telling me a entire planet only has one city and everyone lives in it....okay , its shake and bake colony of wannabe engineers im guessing

It's more a result of Scott wanting to make a total and entire clean cut from Prometheus. He didn't want to carry on those through lines so he simply decided david killed them all.

Meaning Scott had no idea on how to answer any of the questions from Prometheus and decided to forget everything.

He thinks the problems with Prometheus were all tied around not enough aliens. So he no longer cared about the new mythology and cut it off asap.

"Not enough aliens" was nothing compared to turning the space jockey into an albino space bodybuilder. He is truly clueless of why people criticized Prometheus so much... plot, characters, engineers. Sure if instead of the magical goo it was alien eggs it would help the story but not save the movie completely.

I doubt he ever had any idea on how to explain why the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity or how the goo fits with the xenos we know and its origins. Ridley is like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do with one if he caught it. He just do things. He doesn't have a plan.

I think you are confusing your view of Prometheus with that of the rest of the world. As much as you or I may find it flawed, the film was a (relatively) commercial and critical success. I don't think he was ever setting out to make a multi award/cinema changing film; he was just trying to make something broadly interesting and entertaining... and I think the only real thing that Scott was of a mind to do with Alien: Covenant was to make it bloodier and scarier than its predecessor.

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:16:56 AM
Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:12:39 AM
Quote from: AsapJockey on May 08, 2017, 12:08:42 AM
So you telling me a entire planet only has one city and everyone lives in it....okay , its shake and bake colony of wannabe engineers im guessing

It's more a result of Scott wanting to make a total and entire clean cut from Prometheus. He didn't want to carry on those through lines so he simply decided david killed them all.

Meaning Scott had no idea on how to answer any of the questions from Prometheus and decided to forget everything.

He thinks the problems with Prometheus were all tied around not enough aliens. So he no longer cared about the new mythology and cut it off asap.

"Not enough aliens" was nothing compared to turning the space jockey into an albino space bodybuilder. He is truly clueless of why people criticized Prometheus so much... plot, characters, engineers. Sure if instead of the magical goo it was alien eggs it would help the story but not save the movie completely.

I doubt he ever had any idea on how to explain why the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity or how the goo fits with the xenos we know and its origins. Ridley is like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do with one if he caught it. He just do things. He doesn't have a plan.

Scott doesn't read reviews, full stop. He's been quoted on this in interview. He's become pretty egocentric in his old age. He may have chosen to believe that Prom was only moderately successful because of the storyline, and not because it was poorly scripted, edited and directed. I also imagine the studio had had a big say in AC in respect of the outline and final cut. 'More Aliens! More Popcorn!'

In interviews he has touched on a Jesus connection in respect of why the Engineers were preparing to gloop Earth. Thankfully he didn't go there, because that would have been a big mistake in my opinion. The precursor of the Xenos is explained in the mural. A stand alone species that the Engineers subjugated. I'm pretty certain they are the source of the gloop, like bees make honey.. 

I hope that the unanswered questions from Prom are answered in the next instalment of this corporate money making vehicle. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed