LV223, LV426, LV...?

Started by Citadel, May 07, 2017, 11:29:11 PM

Author
LV223, LV426, LV...? (Read 2,497 times)

Citadel

Citadel

For those who've seen the film, can you confirm whether or not the planet (Paradise) in Covenant is one of the three planets/moons orbiting the gas giant?

We know LV223 nad LV426 were in very close proximity with each other; they orbited the same planet in the Zeta2 Reticuli system, and I recall seeing a shot in a Covenant trailer where we see the exact same configuration of planets.

However, in the prologue David isn't sure how long plotting the course to the Engineer homeworld would take. Is this a lie to send Shaw into cryosleep? Does David simply plot course to the neighbouring moon? If that's the case, how come we get forests and vegetation?

My curiously is getting the better of me at this point.

SM

SM

Think it's safe to assume that Origae-6 isn't LV-426.

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2017, 11:33:03 PM
I know. However the Covenant is clearly seen approaching the exact same system as Alien/Prometheus in one trailer.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Since we are on a topic in regards of the planet... is "Paradise" really suppose to be the engineers homeworld? Is that said in the movie? Did David lie to Shaw and went to some engineer colony?

Because really it seems like there was only a city with some engineers in robes living on this planet, not really what I was expecting from a space faring species.

Sway

Sway

LV-666 is when shit really hits the fan. Be warned.

SM

SM

Quote from: Citadel on May 07, 2017, 11:37:15 PM
Quote from: SM on May 07, 2017, 11:33:03 PM
I know. However the Covenant is clearly seen approaching the exact same system as Alien/Prometheus in one trailer.

I don't recall seeing a ringed gas giant in any of the trailers?

AsapJockey

AsapJockey

So you telling me a entire planet only has one city and everyone lives in it....okay , its shake and bake colony of wannabe engineers im guessing

SM

SM

Who is telling you that?

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: AsapJockey on May 08, 2017, 12:08:42 AM
So you telling me a entire planet only has one city and everyone lives in it....okay , its shake and bake colony of wannabe engineers im guessing

It's more a result of Scott wanting to make a total and entire clean cut from Prometheus. He didn't want to carry on those through lines so he simply decided david killed them all.

Sway

Sway

It does sound ridiculous, but maybe it's possible they are some sort of die hard religious community that deliberately keeps their numbers to a minimum in the same way suggested by the Georgia Guide Stones?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:12:39 AM

It's more a result of Scott wanting to make a total and entire clean cut from Prometheus. He didn't want to carry on those through lines so he simply decided david killed them all.

Meaning Scott had no idea on how to answer any of the questions from Prometheus and decided to forget everything.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:16:56 AM

Meaning Scott had no idea on how to answer any of the questions from Prometheus and decided to forget everything.

He thinks the problems with Prometheus were all tied around not enough aliens. So he no longer cared about the new mythology and cut it off asap.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Robopadna on May 08, 2017, 12:19:50 AM

He thinks the problems with Prometheus were all tied around not enough aliens. So he no longer cared about the new mythology and cut it off asap.

"Not enough aliens" was nothing compared to turning the space jockey into an albino space bodybuilder. He is truly clueless of why people criticized Prometheus so much... plot, characters, engineers. Sure if instead of the magical goo it was alien eggs it would help the story but not save the movie completely.

I doubt he ever had any idea on how to explain why the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity or how the goo fits with the xenos we know and its origins. Ridley is like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do with one if he caught it. He just do things. He doesn't have a plan.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:31:37 AM

"Not enough aliens" was nothing compared to turning the space jockey into an albino space bodybuilder. He is truly clueless of why people criticized Prometheus so much... plot, characters, engineers. Sure if instead of the magical goo it was alien eggs it would help the story but not save the movie completely.

I doubt he ever had any idea on how to explain why the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity or how the goo fits with the xenos we know and its origins. Ridley is like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do with one if he caught it. He just do things. He doesn't have a plan.

I always knew Ri
Quote from: Samhain13 on May 08, 2017, 12:31:37 AM

I always knew Ridley was a joker. :p  But I highly doubt a man like him couldn't answer his own questions if many of us can come up amazing theories.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Sway on May 07, 2017, 11:52:12 PM
LV-666 is when shit really hits the fan. Be warned.
Don't give the trolls any ideas. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed