Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 119,962 times)

sourdumpling

sourdumpling

Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 28, 2017, 03:44:46 AM
Quote from: Space7Horror on May 28, 2017, 03:23:00 AM
Why are most people saying the crew was made up of idiots? I know the whole looking directly into an androids genetically created egg is a little dumb but other than that what was the issue?  Oh yes and the no helmets that is a little weird but doesn't bother me too much.

Well, for starters, Tennessee wanting and actually risking the lives of 2000 colonists just to try to save his wife who started shooting shotguns next to high explosive containers... Or the medic that retreated in fear of a tiny creature she could have killed easily with the knife before it even got outta its embryonic sack... Or Oram who follows David blindly after having threatened it just minutes before... I could go on and on... 😉

T himself said in a video that he was surprised that the company let him join the mission. so i guess he is not exactly the professional type of pilot or maybe even had some minor criminal records, like stealing or fighting whatsoever. however, the videos that every crew members made were not shown in the film, i guess that's why the characters are not fully built, because not everyone will go online and search for these extra materials.   
my theory is that since this is a initial colonist mission, most of the guys who get the chance chance to participate are those who kinda fxxed up on earth, even the crew members might be mingled with professionals and ordinary guys (with related background and after training of course). the company planned to sent the elites after 20 or 30 years, after everything is settled on the planet.

900SL

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: reecebomb on May 30, 2017, 12:22:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1NcoMYH77Y&feature=youtu.be

Fun review imo

Stupid review. Someone who doesn't understand the flute scene is an utter idiot. This guy didn't understand it.

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 01, 2017, 10:46:38 AM

Fun review imo

Stupid review. Someone who doesn't understand the flute scene is an utter idiot. This guy didn't understand it.

It's a recorder, not a flute.. 

irony :D

Kerrod33

Kerrod33

Quote from: 900SL on Jun 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM

Fun review imo

The recorder is a member of the internal duct flutes  8)

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Kerrod33 on Jun 01, 2017, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: 900SL on Jun 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM

Fun review imo

The recorder is a member of the internal duct flutes  8)

I learn something new every day here. Cheers!

Magegg

Magegg

To be true... yes!

Mel Brooks could do a one-by-scene remake of Covenant changing only about 15% of the content of the scene and it could perfectly work as an Alien parody film  :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 01, 2017, 02:41:14 PM
To be true... yes!

Mel Brooks could do a one-by-scene remake of Covenant changing only about 15% of the content of the scene and it could perfectly work as an Alien parody film  :D
Someone MUST put the Benny Hill theme playing over the backburster scene, sped up a bit

Protozoid

Protozoid

John Kenneth Muir has his review up on his blog, reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com. He's a big time author of books on genre fiction. Terrific insight and perspective. I agree completely with his assessments of Covenant and Prometheus. I recommend interested Alien fans select the Alien-themed posts by clicking on the link on the right hand of the page. Muir does epic, in depth reviews of the entire series, plus a response to criticism of Prometheus where he responds point by point to common complaints. Its enough to keep you reading all day long, and his insight is virtually peerless.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 07, 2017, 06:12:32 PM
John Kenneth Muir has his review up on his blog, reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com. He's a big time author of books on genre fiction. Terrific insight and perspective. I agree completely with his assessments of Covenant and Prometheus. I recommend both reviews.
I know this guy. He's quite well-known.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Also, what I don't understand is why david took only two facehuggers at the end... At the end of the day it's only two xenos, big deal... You don't infect the rest of the columnists with only two facehuggers, neither do you wipe out humanity with that, or create a perfect world full of creatures

Monstuh

Monstuh

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 09, 2017, 12:23:59 AM
Also, what I don't understand is why david took only two facehuggers at the end... At the end of the day it's only two xenos, big deal... You don't infect the rest of the columnists with only two facehuggers, neither do you wipe out humanity with that, or create a perfect world full of creatures

Judging from all the tinkering David did in his ten years, I have a feeling that he knows how to sabotage the human embryos before they mature. Doesn't mean they will all be xenomorphs, but I have a feeling if he has both species in their infancy, he can make some bastard creation.

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps one is a Queen?! Dun, dun, dun!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2017, 08:29:59 AM
Perhaps one is a Queen?! Dun, dun, dun!

Haha coming from good ol'Ridley I wouldn't be surprised !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed