Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 119,944 times)

echobbase79

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Huggs

Huggs

Glad to see it's holding tough in the reviews department. Will anyone be posting a plot summary by chance? Tomorrow is promised to no-one...Spoil me rotten.  ;D

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Amazing. My body is ready.

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Rotten Tomatoes has started to aggregate the reviews now; it might make it easier for whomever is updating the list above.  ;)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_covenant

SiL

SiL

Sounding like Prometheus. People generally enjoy it, it's well made, but it's got some issues that stop it being great.

Dan2004

Dan2004

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2017, 06:06:26 AM
Sounding like Prometheus. People generally enjoy it, it's well made, but it's got some issues that stop it being great.

Problem is people love to hate. Coupled with the fact they can't help but not review it's independently but always make comparisons between Alien and Aliens. Meh can't wait for Friday myself  ;D

Necronomicon II

I don't recall the birth.movies.death folks liking Prometheus this much, I also don't recall these UK newspapers being quite this positive with Prometheus, and Hollywood Reporter is ecstatic. All signs point to this being better received qualitatively over Prometheus.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 07, 2017, 04:13:32 AM
Quote from: D88M on May 07, 2017, 04:07:30 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 07, 2017, 03:59:42 AM
Quote from: Clowndog on May 07, 2017, 03:50:01 AM
Well it got 5 stars in the UK's Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/alien-covenant-review-prometheus-sequel-prequel-michael-fassbender-david-walter-a7720371.html

Really loved this review!

what is the deal with reviews nowadays? it is really that hard to get competent writers? now all reviews, of anything but specially movies, told the WHOLE film, it is easy to tell if a movie is good or bad without telling everything about it, why do they have to be so mediocre and amateur? had to stop because of spoilers, i wont be reading any review but the spoiler free ones made by the admins of here

I usually just read the last paragraph which just summarizes why they liked or disliked the movie.

Also, Craven Online was pretty negative towards the film.

i have no way of knowing where there are/there are not spoilers in every text, i hate when they describe scenes, dude, just tell me if the movie is good or not, dont tell me the whole story!

Anyway, when is Hicks and the other admins reviews?

monkeylove

monkeylove

Destructoid review: "Fool Me Twice"

Spoiler warnings, though.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-alien-covenant-434922.phtml

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Pretty encouraging, the positive reviews im reading are describing exactly what I want this movie to be. So damn excited

Stolen

Stolen

Wow it's nice to see good reviews after disastrous returns in France. The film looks complex, ambitious, and strange. Not perfect, but no matter!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed