Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 121,014 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

People rapidly birthing chestbursters has always irritated me in EU canon and other sequels, etc. What was the duration on Kane from infection to birth? 12-24 hours? I always believed it was around that interval at least.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Does anyone recall where Ridley Scott said "they want Aliens? We'll give them the f**king Alien"? Would love to reference that in an article. Thank you :)

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Protozoid on May 07, 2017, 07:29:27 AM
65 at Metacritic. Same score as Prometheus, but bound to go down as more reviews come out.
Why do you think it's bound to go down? I can't imagine it having worse scores than Prometheus..?

Ingwar

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

This board was savaging Prometheus much more quickly than AC. The RT score didn't plummet that much despite fan antipathy and I doubt it will here, as this film seems like much more of a crowdpleaser. (To be clear, I am not cheerleading AC)

Adorianu

Adorianu

See some youtubers that i like,liked this movie while they hated Prometheus,this is good sign for me hehe.

szkoki

szkoki

dumb f**king chracters again? Ridley.....
showing too much the creatures?
pacing and 2nd/3rd act is off?

that doesnt sound so good. fingers crossed

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 07, 2017, 08:06:49 AM
Does anyone recall where Ridley Scott said "they want Aliens? We'll give them the f**king Alien"? Would love to reference that in an article. Thank you :)

;D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 07, 2017, 08:01:33 AM
People rapidly birthing chestbursters has always irritated me in EU canon and other sequels, etc. What was the duration on Kane from infection to birth? 12-24 hours? I always believed it was around that interval at least.

The sped up life-cycle has always irritated me too, I mean it is barely plausible as it is with up to 26 hours, but AVP took that too far with 10 mins.
Hicks review basically reveals that Covenant went and pulled a Defiance, making it even worse.

szkoki

szkoki

Well the first alien movies were suspense movies, even Alien3.
Either Ridley dont trust himself so he just throws the alien on screen asap like D rated directors or he just doesnt care about the lore and tries to direct a totally different movie to a totally new age audiance.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: szkoki on May 07, 2017, 09:28:09 AM
Well the first alien movies were suspense movies, even Alien3.
Either Ridley dont trust himself so he just throws the alien on screen asap like D rated directors or he just doesnt care about the lore and tries to direct a totally different movie to a totally new age audiance.

Hence why I wonder if Prometheus and Covenant are actually set up to secretly be reboots rather than prequels.

John Doe

John Doe

I read people hating there is a gay couple on the ship or looking to a open egg....

This movies, including Alien, are not made for the actual world.

And i dont have problem with fast birth, there are diferent species.

Please make your own judment.

windebieste

windebieste

In the face of all the short gestation periods we frequently see, has anyone ever stopped to consider Scott's gestation period for the chestburster is the one that's incorrect? 

Personally, I don't think of it as a problem.  Gestations can vary.  Well, why not?

-Windebieste.

skhellter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed