Clip shown on the Graham Norton show

Started by FreeFacehugz, May 06, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Author
Clip shown on the Graham Norton show (Read 29,463 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I guess its just a product of my childhood. I grew up in the 80's watching things like Clash of the Titans and Godzilla. You know its special fx, but I never let it taint my fantasy and even as a kid I understood that fx are a tool to tell the story. To me CG is like a godsend as far as movie watching goes, starting with Jurassic Park. Yes its a cgi alien, you can tell because a human cant move like that. But instead of bitch about it and look at it so negatively, why can some of you just accept it and appreciate it for what it is. Do you not suspend disbelief while watching a movie? The amount of work that goes into this kind of stuff is astounding, and should be appreciated.

M_Tak

M_Tak

Quote from: prototypeXIII on May 07, 2017, 07:39:14 PM
The alien cgi looks unpolished in this clip, the back of the dorsals are definitely disappearing in the hull.  Hopefully the movie released is polished or they just shorten the scene to adjust.  Other than that, looks good!

TBH it looked like this in the finished film. Unless they're tightening the CG up on its official release date but I very much doubt it now it's premiered.

Quote from: Hennex Forest on May 07, 2017, 07:15:58 PM
My question is why do we have to see how the xeno is moving throughout to the ship?  I would find it much more horrifying if the focus was entirely on Daniels and Tennessee while only hearing Walter describe where the xeno is heading.  Add in some good sound effects then you have probably have an edge on your seat scenario.

Though I really enjoyed a lot of the film, this is EXACTLY how I felt about this scene, I didn't want to see how it was getting around,  just have the characters losing contact with where it is and then corridor doors opening with it bouncing across the walls...But they even cut that shot out, the MONEY shot! (If they reinsert it for a release date that would be great but they won't... and it's rather annoying that it's not in there)

echobbase79

Quote from: M_Tak on May 07, 2017, 08:00:49 PM
The alien cgi looks unpolished in this clip, the back of the dorsals are definitely disappearing in the hull.  Hopefully the movie released is polished or they just shorten the scene to adjust.  Other than that, looks good!

TBH it looked like this in the finished film. Unless they're tightening the CG up on its official release date but I very much doubt it now it's premiered.

My question is why do we have to see how the xeno is moving throughout to the ship?  I would find it much more horrifying if the focus was entirely on Daniels and Tennessee while only hearing Walter describe where the xeno is heading.  Add in some good sound effects then you have probably have an edge on your seat scenario.

Though I really enjoyed a lot of the film, this is EXACTLY how I felt about this scene, I didn't want to see how it was getting around, just have the characters losing contact with where it is and then corridor doors opening with it bouncing across the walls...But they even cut that shot out, the MONEY shot! (If they reinsert it for a release date that would be great but they won't... and it's rather annoying that it's not in there)

Which was a very good CGI shot!

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

So, just only because it is cgi we need to act like it's untouchable god's work or what? Every thing need it's criticism, it helps to do things better for next time, only if someone actually see it and think about it. But the fact is, that prosthetics should never cause a similar problem with the Alien tubes like this, right? Ok, then why do it harder by showing us how elegant Alien is, even when he descending from ladder by using cgi effects? I mean, cgi should help to provide something that is normally impossible to do, not to cause additional problems, and that is my personal reason why i hate this specific clip, not the entire movie. By the way, I play games and watch movies in Blue-Ray quality, so I demand cgi that has a balls for that, some of us seen this clip on their small screens, is there anyone who can imagine this fault in big screen? Like I can't understand why the same fault with tubes end in the final version, this is beyond me.

newagescamartist

Want to see some shit cgi? Watch Spawn and take a look at the hell sequences with Malebogia.  :laugh:

kwisatz

Quote from: M_Tak on May 07, 2017, 08:00:49 PM

Though I really enjoyed a lot of the film, this is EXACTLY how I felt about this scene, I didn't want to see how it was getting around,  just have the characters losing contact with where it is and then corridor doors opening with it bouncing across the walls...But they even cut that shot out, the MONEY shot! (If they reinsert it for a release date that would be great but they won't... and it's rather annoying that it's not in there)

What is it lately with cutting out the cool trailer shots (TFA, Rogue One come to mind).

What about actually showing what you (excessively) advertise?

echobbase79

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 08, 2017, 12:05:16 AM
Want to see some shit cgi? Watch Spawn and take a look at the hell sequences with Malebogia.  :laugh:

Yeah, they shouldn't have gone to hell in that movie. Terrible, terrible, CGI.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

exactly. Or anything in MK or MK2

bobcunk

I kinda agree. When u was Yong their were always effects that looked bad in movies but you overlooked it because there was no better way to do it, think of how better alien 3 would have looked if they had this alien instead of the blue screen rod puppet, or even just been able to blend it with the background better.

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 08, 2017, 12:28:33 AM

Liu Kang's animality:

:D

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 08, 2017, 12:56:52 AM
Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 08, 2017, 12:28:33 AM

Liu Kang's animality:

:D

http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/C/MKA/4/47.jpg
Mother of god

Scorpio

Quote from: bobcunk on May 08, 2017, 12:53:40 AM
I kinda agree. When u was Yong their were always effects that looked bad in movies but you overlooked it because there was no better way to do it, think of how better alien 3 would have looked if they had this alien instead of the blue screen rod puppet, or even just been able to blend it with the background better.

I like those effects of the alien, it makes it look scarier.  CGI has killed horror because it makes everything look too perfect.

Alien Runner

Alien Runner prefers CGI over ALIEN suit. The suit looks fake. Looks plastic and like a power ranger. He could see a human wearing it for halloween scaring the Nostromo crew. Glad Ridley Scott made the alien move on all 4s and behave more primal because we can do that now. He wanted it to be that way but back then, technology wasn't advanced enough. Now it is. Embrace change. Embrace progress.

Scorpio

The man in suit effects for Alien 3 were pretty good, though.  Big Chap looks cool but moves awkwardly.  The warriors in Aliens relied on quick cuts and poor lighting.

bobcunk

Yes/ I only meant the running scenes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed