Clip shown on the Graham Norton show

Started by FreeFacehugz, May 06, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Author
Clip shown on the Graham Norton show (Read 29,652 times)

Infected

Quote from: cucuchu on May 07, 2017, 11:57:16 AM
CGI looks fine to me here and quite authentic to how the alien would move around the ship. Of course the up close practical shot looks better but the CGI is far from Sci-fi channel bad. These hyperbolic statements by some of you  :laugh:
Not to be hating, but the part where it crawls down the stairs made me think of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, where the T-1000 blobs away :D

niel

niel

WTF with that CGI guys? 
Im sorry but was it only me who noticed how strange and absurdly CGI was made when it crawls down the hole. Look at xenos pipes (or trunks whatever) on his back when it goes down..   ehh...  how?? Ghost xeno ? 
Its clearly seen that the pipes just "go through the floor"..  wtf???? I thought they supposed to be bended according to the smaller diameter of the hole.
???  :-  ;D

cucuchu

Quote from: Infected on May 07, 2017, 12:02:10 PM
CGI looks fine to me here and quite authentic to how the alien would move around the ship. Of course the up close practical shot looks better but the CGI is far from Sci-fi channel bad. These hyperbolic statements by some of you  :laugh:
Not to be hating, but the part where it crawls down the stairs made me think of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, where the T-1000 blobs away :D

Fair enough, well in that case I am glad I missed the series so I won't be drawing the same mental comparisons.

I tend to try to look for CGI in movies and it can ruin the immersion for sure but if the atmosphere and blending into practical effects is good enough, I stop looking for it, if that makes any sense. I guess I will see how well it plays out in the cinema but here even without the proper atmosphere and build up of tension, it did not look that bad to me at all.

Infected

Quote from: cucuchu on May 07, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 07, 2017, 12:02:10 PM

Fair enough, well in that case I am glad I missed the series so I won't be drawing the same mental comparisons.

I tend to try to look for CGI in movies and it can ruin the immersion for sure but if the atmosphere and blending into practical effects is good enough, I stop looking for it, if that makes any sense. I guess I will see how well it plays out in the cinema but here even without the proper atmosphere and build up of tension, it did not look that bad to me at all.
At some point it also reminded me of Alien 3.

Btw i can send you the Sarah Connor Chronicles on dvd if you are interested ;)

SiL

SiL

That POV shot is so, so lazy. It's not even fish eye. It's just a regular perspective shot, slightly higher off the ground, with an overlay you can make in 3 minutes in After Effects. Doesn't add anything, doesn't achieve anything; would've been better left on the cutting room floor.

Infected

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2017, 12:21:02 PM
That POV shot is so, so lazy. It's not even fish eye. It's just a regular perspective shot, slightly higher off the ground, with an overlay you can make in 3 minutes in After Effects. Doesn't add anything, doesn't achieve anything; would've been better left on the cutting room floor.
Makes you think why its suprerior in hunting.

Genosha175

Quote from: niel on May 07, 2017, 12:09:20 PM
WTF with that CGI guys? 
Im sorry but was it only me who noticed how strange and absurdly CGI was made when it crawls down the hole. Look at xenos pipes (or trunks whatever) on his back when it goes down..   ehh...  how?? Ghost xeno ? 
Its clearly seen that the pipes just "go through the floor"..  wtf???? I thought they supposed to be bended according to the smaller diameter of the hole.

I think the CGI does look pretty ropey myself, but you definitely do see the pipes press flat against its back as it goes through.

SiL

SiL

1979: Scott asks Giger to take the eyes off to give the impression the Alien can see everywhere.

2017: LOL f**k it just run down the corridor with the camera on your head we'll fix it in post.

(and for the record, I always thought the POV shots in A3 were shit too).

cliffhanger

Quote from: niel on May 07, 2017, 12:09:20 PM
WTF with that CGI guys? 

wait now that you mention it, it does see like it just clipped the floor entirely. looks like atleast 1 of them is bending backwards but the rest isnt bending back fast enough to respond correctly. hmmm.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

can anyone screencap this "weird CGI Alien running down the shaft" you guys are talking about? I can't see the clip since I am not in the UK

Genosha175

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 07, 2017, 12:35:24 PM
wait now that you mention it, it does see like it just clipped the floor entirely. looks like atleast 1 of them is bending backwards but the rest isnt bending back fast enough to respond correctly. hmmm.

Play the YT vid at 0.25 speed, they all press down against its back.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 07, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
can anyone screencap this "weird CGI Alien running down the shaft" you guys are talking about? I can't see the clip since I am not in the UK
The youtube video on the main AvPG site isn't region locked. I'm not in the UK and I can watch it fine.

Infected

Infected

Nothing wrong with it, watched at its slowest pace possible.

[BAM] Yojimbo

I'm sorry but the CGI looks terrible in this, really detracts from the horror/terror value, almost looks Alien: Resurrection level.

cliffhanger

thanks, i checked it out like that too, it does fold back. good.

also; if anybody ever was still doubting that it's indeed walter and not david - walter has no emotions, so can't be scared.
david is highly emotional, and he gets scared af from the alien attacking the camera.

david8 confirmed,

Quote from: [BAM] Yojimbo on May 07, 2017, 01:01:05 PM
I'm sorry but the CGI looks terrible in this, really detracts from the horror/terror value, almost looks Alien: Resurrection level.

lol sure bud,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed