Clip shown on the Graham Norton show

Started by FreeFacehugz, May 06, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Author
Clip shown on the Graham Norton show (Read 30,239 times)

motherfather

motherfather

I thought it was good, but I did feel a bit disappointed about the xeno - it looked too cgi and shiny. Like others have said about different trailers, it moves without much weight. The xeno in Alien on the other hand, fell like a sack of potatoes after Ripley blasted it with a shot of steam/smoke while it was resting in the escape ship.

The camera angles in the norton clip also didn't help - made it look like blair witch found footage - and not in a good way.

Anyone remember the crystal maze? The ship tv monitor perspective reminded me of that for some bizarre reason.

As for the Xenovision. Nope. It might have worked for "Life", but in an Alien movie? Maybe if I had not seen the Red Dwarf alien parody episode - "Polymorph"(and its POV until it sees its own reflection in a mirror...) I might have a different opinion.

POV would make sense however IF a former crew member who we got to sympathise with, was transformed into a Xeno and it was wildly trying to work out what had happened to it/him/her.

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Evanus on May 07, 2017, 12:42:43 AM
Any way I can see this?

BBC iPlayer doesn't work for me because I don't live in the UK.

VPN using UK server will enable you to access iPlayer. Just answer yes to the question as to whether you have a TV licence.

TyrantUA

@ 32:30

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Man that looks sick when it crawls down that shaft

Scorpio

Quote from: Citadel on May 06, 2017, 11:21:00 PM
Quote from: Gigeresque on May 06, 2017, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: Citadel on May 06, 2017, 11:07:47 PM
Looks fantastic. CGI a little suspicious, but amazing sets/atmosphere.

Shame about the alleged cut shot of the xeno.
What cut shot??
According to members who've seen the early previews
Spoiler
the shot of the xeno running through the red-lit corridors in the trailer has been cut completely.
[close]

Good.  I don't like that shot. 

Richman678

Yuck that cgi.

Evanus

Yeah, it looks good but it's clearly CGI.

I think the CGI in Prometheus looks better... And that film is five years old.  :o

Infected

Ohhhh Fassbender that wasnt Walterrrr.

Nipples they bug me more then the bug itself.

Cgi looks like Stargate series (again)   :D

Richman678

Was the deacon in Prommy all CGI?

Evanus

Quote from: Richman678 on May 07, 2017, 10:57:41 AM
Was the deacon in Prommy all CGI?
If I remember correctly they used a rod puppet and CGI.

SpeedyMaxx

I was not a big fan of the Deacon but it looked a lot more real than the CGI in this clip.

I didn't mind the clip, but that was very clearly CG. I also was surprised they insisted on showing so much of the alien's movements.

cliffhanger

Wow, that complaining of CGI when it looks absolutely fantastic. Really guys, give it a frigging break. It looks absolutely stunning, and done really, really, really well. Doesnt bother at all.

Well the answer is clear indeed that it destroys the camera. allright.
Loving the crawl down the shaft, with the tail wrapping around the ladder.

It does remind a lot of the original movie though, but this one is much faster.

Evanus

Well, yeah it looks pretty good, but not as good as I hoped. I also think they showed a bit too much, and I'm not sure about the Xenovision.

RidgeTop

Interesting perspective shot for the Xeno, reminds me of Alien 3. That CGI of it crawling down the hole was a little strange.

cucuchu

CGI looks fine to me here and quite authentic to how the alien would move around the ship. Of course the up close practical shot looks better but the CGI is far from Sci-fi channel bad. These hyperbolic statements by some of you  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed