Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 148,034 times)

The Cruentus

Sometimes simple is better, my gripe is not so much David created them (though I do take issue with that, at least concering the original Xenos) as that if he created him, it would seem to clash with the possibilty that Xenos already existed i.e Derelict on LV-246.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:25:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:14:05 AM

Just read your review
Spoiler
so the movie does not actually states in any form that David creates the Xenomorphs species and so does leave wiggle room for him merely recreating something that the Engineers already made?
[close]
Spoiler
He definitely made these Aliens in the film. Whether that ends up being him making the Aliens as a species, it's unclear.
[close]
Spoiler
That is what I mean, I know he created "those" but I am glad it left ambiguous at least concerning the traditional Xenos, thanks Hicks.  :)
[close]

Who know maybe The Art and Making of Alien: Covenant book reveal "those" thing name.

or prequel book show  that he david find recipe/information and he try to re-create its

Corporal Hicks

The crew just called them Aliens. Protomorph is a name made up by Scified. As far as the people making the film were concerned, it was just Neomorphs and Aliens.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 09:36:55 AM
The crew just called them Aliens. Protomorph is a name made up by Scified. As far as the people making the film were concerned, it was just Neomorphs and Aliens.

I hear them lot are usually incorrent about stuff

Quote from: gantarat on May 07, 2017, 09:35:38 AM

Who know maybe The Art and Making of Alien: Covenant book reveal "those" thing name.

or prequel book show  that he david find recipe/information and he try to re-create its

Yeah, I could use an official name so I can put a proper  name on its wiki page, so far I have had to dub it "Xenomorph (Covenant)" :laugh:

I too hope that he just merely found information and recreated something that already existed, thankfully,
Spoiler
Hicks' review says its left ambiguous at least.
[close]

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Unless David went back in time, there is no way he CREATED the Xenomorphs... He could ONLY have RECREATEDthem if he had had a blueprint... Also, the eggs would require hosts AND going back even further, why 'EGGS'...? We know there has to be a Queen for eggs to exist (and no, eggmorphing has never been canonical, just a fan theory, never truly been addressed in the post-ALIEN movies, actually being flatout denied with the Queen in ALIENS and the  superfacehugger in ALIEN3...) So, did David have a Queen to produce those eggs...? This is where the sequels and prequels create a mess of something that was simple and straightforward in ALIEN: the egg contained a facehugger that would deposit an embryo inside a host, then the embryo would gain some of the DNA traits of the host and after maturing, it would burst through the host's ribcage... the Queen was added later to be the one who laid those eggs, which made sense... Species do not exist in a vaccum, always being the natural evolution of a more primitive one... The issue I have with PROMETHEUS is that it flatout states that the Xenomorph is just a manifestation of a virus depending on that species it infects or it was spawned from... Clearly, all the xenos we saw from ALIEN onward were the result of the eggs from the Derelict... The Trilobite and the Deacon were not... Also, the egg-laying Queen who generated those eggs  in the Derelict's cargo hold was likely the result of a combined DNA of an undisclosed creature with either the black goo or the spores, according to the Deacon's lifecycle in PROMETHEUS... The Neomorph in AC comes from a spore infecting a human host, the Xeno from a facehugger on a human host... I gather the biomech look of the Xeno in ALIEN would have to be already a trait of the Queen who laid the Derelict eggs in the first place... otherwise, they would look like the Xeno in AC... This is scientifically very confusing but equally fascinating....

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 07, 2017, 10:25:34 AM
Unless David went back in time, there is no way he created the Xenomorphs... He could only have recreated them if he had had a blueprint... Also, the eggs would require hosts AND going back even further, why 'EGGS'...? We know there has to be a Queen for eggs to exist (and no, eggmorphing has never been canonical, just a fan theory, never truly been addressed in the post-ALIEN movies, actually being flatout denied with the Queen in ALIENS and the  superfacehugger in ALIEN3...) So, did David have a Queen to produce those eggs...? This is where the sequels and prequels create a mess of something that was simple and straightforward in ALIEN: the egg contained a facehugger that would deposit an embryo inside a host, then the embryo would gain some of the DNA traits of the host and after maturing, it would burst through the host's ribcage... the Queen was added later to be the one who laid those eggs, which made sense... Species do not exist in a vaccum, always being the natural evolution of a more primitive one... The issue I have with PROMETHEUS is that it flatout states that the Xenomorph is just a manifestation of a virus depending on that species it infects or it was spawned from... Clearly, all the xenos we saw from ALIEN onward were the result of the eggs from the Derelict... The Trilobite and the Deacon were not... Also, the egg-laying Queen who generated those eggs  in the Derelict's cargo hold was likely the result of a combined DNA of an undisclosed creature with either the black goo or the spores, according to the Deacon's lifecycle in PROMETHEUS... The Neomorph in AC comes from a spore infecting a human host, the Xeno from a facehugger on a human host... I gather the biomech look of the Xeno in ALIEN would have to be already a trait of the Queen who laid the Derelict eggs in the first place... otherwise, they would look like the Xeno in AC... This is scientifically very confusing but equally fascinating....
David created the Alien, man. Time to give up.   :(

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: Evanus on May 07, 2017, 10:27:33 AM

Spoiler
But Alien He Create it's "Different" Why not look same the Alien that we know if he is "True Creator ?"
[close]

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

You're all wrong.

The Xenomorph is an ancient ancestor of the Engineers. David reverse engineers the Engineer's DNA with the black goo. ;) The black goo breaks DNA structure to make new ones. The Engineers' DNA structure broke apart and it was redesigned by David to become the Xenomorph. This is why there was a Xeno mural in the temple of Prometheus. The Engineers were paying tribute to their ancient ancestor. David knew all of this when he was in the Temple and when he was left alone in the ship. He wanted to devolve the Engineers but for what reason? Alien Runner believes he wants to control the Engineer's power and in order to do that, he has to devolve them to their primal state. Once he does, he'll use the Xenos as a weapon to destroy Earth as planned by the Engineers originally. ;)

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: gantarat on May 07, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

Spoiler
But Alien He Create it's "Different" Why not look same the Alien that we know if he is "True Creator ?"
[close]
Because he still has to perfect it, most likely.

And Alien Runner, you can't possibly know all that, it's not true.

Infected

Infected

The simple explanation could come if they told us the engineer/jockey on LV-426 was indeed 2000 years old.

If Aliens is cannon then the colonist that went into the derelict came back with the facehugger on his face, and gave birth to the xeno with the tubes, is most likely that David never invented them, he just recreates, following an old recipe.

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: Evanus on May 07, 2017, 10:40:14 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Alien Runner uses deductive reasoning to reach theories and conclusions.

The Prometheus movie shows us that the black goo deconstructs DNA structure to create new life.

David drops black goo on Engineers.

What happened when Fifield ingested the black goo? He turned into a humanoid alien looking creature.

The black goo reverse engineered Fifield Human's DNA into an alien creature.

Guess what? The black goo does the same with the Engineer. Well, in the case of the intro in Prometheus, the Engineer regressed into a primitive human being after ingesting the black goo. David probably accelerated the regression process from Engineer to Human to XENOMORPH. He saw the Mural. He realized that the Engineers were worshiping their ancient ancestor, the Ultramorph.

It all comes full circle. David is playing god. He is going to be god by surpassing the Engineers and in order to do that, he needs their power. But how can he control them? The only way is to regress them into their primitive state, which are the Xenomorphs. With that under his control, he can destroy Humanity and carry out the Will of Engineers.

YutaniDitch

Never... Unless they remake the ALIEN movie, it is chronologically impossible, not to mention spitting in the face of all Alien fans... David created THESE Aliens AT BEST and even that would not be credible unless David knew where to look... Accidentally bumping into them would be farfetched and lazy writing... Which David already is... Having an unrealistically emotional android recreating Xenos and creating all this mess is nothing BUT lazy writing... It destroys the uniqueness of the Xeno, and if watched chronologically, the prequels spit on everything of the original quatrilogy... Prequels are supposed to show the genesis of later events, not rewrite them... That is why it is far more difficult to write prequels than sequels... Prequels need to take EVERYTHING that happened into consideration and not digress nor diverge from it creatively... in a sense, it is like translating, you need to stick to the original and not be creative about it... Ridley just went creatively overboard and the original stories (NOT the movies, mind you) suffer from it because logically, the prequels set in motion things that eventually happened in the originals, which means that STORY-WISE, later events and their genesis will ultimately clash with what came first (prequels)... Prequels can be messy, but Ridley outdid himself in these... If only David just had stumbled upon these eggs and things would have been so much different...😁🤔

Alien Runner

Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 07, 2017, 10:46:24 AM

Never... Unless they remake the ALIEN movie, it is chronologically impossible, not to mention spitting in the face of all Alien fans... David created THESE Aliens AT BEST and even that would not be credible unless David knew where to look... Accidentally bumping into them would be farfetched and lazy writing... Which David already is... Having an unrealistically emotional android recreating Xenos and creating all this mess is nothing BUT lazy writing... It destroys the uniqueness of the Xeno, and if watched chronologically, the prequels spit on everything of the original quatrilogy... Prequels are supposed to show the genesis of later events, not rewrite them... That is why it is far more difficult to write prequels than sequels... Prequels need to take EVERYTHING that happened into consideration and not digress nor diverge from it creatively... in a sense, it is like translating, you need to stick to the original and not be creative about it... Ridley just went creatively overboard and the original stories (NOT the movies, mind you) suffer from it because logically, the prequels set in motion things that eventually happened in the originals, which means that STORY-WISE, later events and their genesis will ultimately clash with what came first (prequels)... Prequels can be messy, but Ridley outdid himself in these... If only David just had stumbled upon these eggs and things would have been so much different...😁🤔

They're not remaking the alien movie and the prequels will lead to the original Alien movie so guess what? David will be an integral part of the xeno origin whether you like it not. If you think otherwise that A:C aliens are not the xenos from ALIEN then Ridley must be wasting his damn time making A:C because it does not lead to the creation of the xeno...

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 07, 2017, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: Evanus on May 07, 2017, 10:40:14 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Alien Runner uses deductive reasoning to reach theories and conclusions.

The Prometheus movie shows us that the black goo deconstructs DNA structure to create new life.

David drops black goo on Engineers.

What happened when Fifield ingested the black goo? He turned into a humanoid alien looking creature.

The black goo reverse engineered Fifield Human's DNA into an alien creature.

Guess what? The black goo does the same with the Engineer. Well, in the case of the intro in Prometheus, the Engineer regressed into a primitive human being after ingesting the black goo. David probably accelerated the regression process from Engineer to Human to XENOMORPH. He saw the Mural. He realized that the Engineers were worshiping their ancient ancestor, the Ultramorph.
Yeah yeah, whatever.

You know, it actually sounds better than what we really got. But it's still nonsense.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:45:27 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 09:36:55 AM

I hear them lot are usually incorrent about stuff

Quote from: gantarat on May 07, 2017, 09:35:38 AM

Yeah, I could use an official name so I can put a proper  name on its wiki page, so far I have had to dub it "Xenomorph (Covenant)" :laugh:

I too hope that he just merely found information and recreated something that already existed, thankfully,
Spoiler
Hicks' review says its left ambiguous at least.
[close]

Spoiler
That because Ridley want people think/debate about him (and it work)
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed