10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 36,819 times)

GrimmVision

Protozoid

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 06, 2017, 03:09:16 AM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr02/11/5/anigif_enhanced-2529-1394531226-4.gif
Sadly, Steve Irwin really is the perfect response to the Milburn criticisms. You don't have to understand Irwin's or Milburn's fatal desire, but you do have to accept that people like them exist. And hopefully sympathize rather than judge.

gantarat

Quote from: Predaker on May 06, 2017, 02:57:16 AM
Quote from: Clowndog on May 02, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
I also have a problem with people complaining about Millburn's behaviour towards the snake thing

Predaker

Quote from: gantarat on May 06, 2017, 03:23:11 AM
Quote from: Predaker on May 06, 2017, 02:57:16 AM
Quote from: Clowndog on May 02, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
I also have a problem with people complaining about Millburn's behaviour towards the snake thing

http://i.imgur.com/ICQZzXp.png

:laugh:

Quote from: Protozoid on May 06, 2017, 03:18:37 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 06, 2017, 03:09:16 AM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr02/11/5/anigif_enhanced-2529-1394531226-4.gif
Sadly, Steve Irwin really is the perfect response to the Milburn criticisms. You don't have to understand Irwin's or Milburn's fatal desire, but you do have to accept that people like them exist. And hopefully sympathize rather than judge.

Not really. Milburn couldn't hold a candle to Irwin (much less a space cobra!) I think it's safe to say he could have learned a thing or two from him.

Also I wasn't aware the Prometheus was on LV-223 to film a provocative reality TV show.

At least Steve died doing what he loved most. RIP

windebieste

windebieste

Fails to demonstrate the enormous amounts of falling, fiery debris from the Prometheus that would INSTANTLY kill anyone it struck.

The only safe path was the one where the Juggernaut was rolling, thus shielding the 2 fleeing characters as the Juggernaut was slowly rolling.

Watch the movie, next time and work out what you would do...  There isn't as much choice as you think. Instant death from fiery debris falling from above or the hopeless situation of getting crushed.  Shit.  I'd hang onto those last few seconds as much as possible - you would, too - and run underneath the rolling Juggernaut.

-Windebieste.

As for Milburn and the mutated worms - yeah,  Steve Irwin is not an accurate comparison.  Irwin knew exactly what he was dealing with.  Venomous snakes he was familiar with and handled them frequently is nothing compared to handling a mutated alien lifeform you know nothing about. 

Clearly, Milburn didn't know what the f**k he was doing. That's a big difference. 

-Windebieste.

bobkind3

Quote from: windebieste on May 06, 2017, 05:33:09 AM

The only safe path was the one where the Juggernaut was rolling, thus shielding the 2 fleeing characters as the Juggernaut was slowly rolling.

Watch the movie, next time and work out what you would do...  There isn't as much choice as you think. Instant death from fiery debris falling from above or the hopeless situation of getting crushed.  Shit.  I'd hang onto those last few seconds as much as possible - you would, too - and run underneath the rolling Juggernaut.

-Windebieste.

A

Clearly, Milburn didn't know what the f**k he was doing. That's a big difference. 

-Windebieste.

This struck me for the 1st time when I rewatched the film as part of the Alien Day event. I took this as more of the illogical motivation that undermines the charactersation in the film. However the debris from the collison is clearly raining down and the only safe path is underneath the juggernaut. There is a number of shots of them both trying run out from its path only to dodge explosions which sends them back undernerath if for safety. That said there is no way Millburn's reaction can be accounted for given his early reaction to discovering the mummified engineers (unless he had taken a few big puffs from Fifield's respirator.)

Russ840

Russ840

Did Milburn not shit himself when he saw a dead Engineer earlier in the movie and then suddenly grow a back bone and start playing with an alien snake?  Lol.

Inconsistent as well as stupid 

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .different people are scared of different things. .i love snakes and i am not scared of spiders. .but i have a weird phobia towards a worm. .earth worms and maggots especially. .so being freaked out by dead bodies and not by an alien cobra like creature makes sense to me. .besides milburn was not the one that was scared of the dead engineer body. .was'nt it fifield?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: windebieste on May 06, 2017, 05:33:09 AMThere isn't as much choice as you think. Instant death from fiery debris falling from above or the hopeless situation of getting crushed.  Shit.  I'd hang onto those last few seconds as much as possible - you would, too - and run underneath the rolling Juggernaut.

There is no need to explain it. She was panicked. Made a bad call.

Quote from: Russ840 on May 06, 2017, 11:09:47 AMDid Milburn not shit himself when he saw a dead Engineer earlier in the movie and then suddenly grow a back bone and start playing with an alien snake?

Milburn did not shit himself. Fifield wigged out at the dead engineer and Milburn went along because he had a man crush. They were both idiots. Made a few bad calls.

echobbase79

Does Faris call the neomorph a f**ker before she shoots it? LOL

Anthony

Anthony

I think it was "Bugger".

Cause you know, British accent.

SpeedyMaxx

She doesn't have one.

Anthony

Well she seemed to have one when she said that.

Speaking of British accents, has anyone noticed how Carmen Ejogo has one in the film but doesn't in Last Supper?

juxtapose

. .said this before, vickers dies cause she tripped. .running in a straight line had nothing to do with it. .the derelickt shielded them from the flaming debris like someone else pointed out earlier in this thread. .so it was actually safer to run in a straight line. .

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Anthony on May 08, 2017, 03:55:27 AM
Well she seemed to have one when she said that.

Speaking of British accents, has anyone noticed how Carmen Ejogo has one in the film but doesn't in Last Supper?

I have not noticed Karine having Ejogo's accent except when Ejogo gets excited and seems to strain to hold it back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed