Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening

Started by Stolen, Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening (Read 58,198 times)

Stolen

Stolen

echobbase79

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM
Alien 5 is dead, confirmed by Ridley Scott!

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18663572.html

The director of that film confirmed this awhile back.

I'm glad too. I never liked the idea.

Whos_Nick

Can we put Blomkamp on another Alien universe project? Perhaps a proper AvP?

Pvt. Himmel

QuoteIt all started in January 2015, when Neill Blomkamp shared concept art from what would later become the fifth Alien, a sequence between the second and third strands and in which Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn were supposed to return. And note the importance of the past, because the project was later pushed back to Covenant ... and has not given any sign of life since, except through pessimistic statements from its director, who considered "thin" chances That the film is born early in the yea

Ridley Scott, who was in Paris for the promotion of the new opus of the saga, was even more definitive in our microphone: "I think he will never see the light," he replied after explaining That the project was far less advanced than previously thought. "There was never a scenario, just an idea that evolved into a pitch of ten pages, I had to participate as a producer but it did not go any further because the Fox decided that She did not want to do it. I had already done Prometheus and worked on Covenant.

While the latter will be released in our cinemas, and Ridley Scott announced that a sequel has already been written, everything suggests that the saga will now look in the rearview mirror and not project into the future, unless New rebound.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Any French speakers on here who could give a proper translation?  :laugh:

And strange 'cause Ridley previously said that the first draft of the script was complete. Now it's just a pitch of ten pages?

And better to continue this discussion over on the Alien 5 board.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2017, 05:51:00 PM
Any French speakers on here who could give a proper translation?  :laugh:

And strange 'cause Ridley previously said that the first draft of the script was complete. Now it's just a pitch of ten pages?

And better to continue this discussion over on the Alien 5 board.
That board will be no more now!!!

We must look to the future, and where the Covenant takes us. :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That board is just fine for now and will do for further discussion regarding Alien 5. This is the Alien: Covenant board.

SuicideDoors

I second Eighth Passenger! A proper French translation would be sick!

Also delighted with the news. I think Sigourney has had her chance, and I'm not confident in Blomkamp.

BishopShouldGo

Ridley's just trying to make us Alien 5 fans feel better by saying the pitch thing. Top bloke.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 27, 2017, 05:33:19 PM

Can we put Blomkamp on another Alien universe project? Perhaps a proper AvP?

for all that is sacred please no. hell no to the no no no.
a blomkamp AVP can only end up as a 'elysium' movie, which was one of the stupidest things i've seen in ages,
and would certainly include 'sharlto copley' as a 'marine' that fights against both of them, a guy i can't stand to even think about.

AVP movies are dead for now. and i am happy with that even. I would love the predator's inclusion in the universe in a very respective way,
preferably some hintish way, to give it a movie of it's own, that can even stand on it's own. but no AVP please.

a Denis Villeneuve Alien adaptation would be very interesting. especially since once there was some theory of blade runner and alien somehow
sharing the same universe.

DorkiDori

im actually quite bummed that Alien 5 is cancelled. i really liked the thought of that film! especially since i enjoyed the dark horse comics so much growing and continuing the adventures of Ripley, Hicks and Newt instead of killing all 3 off in one go!

and most of all, i wouldve loved to see the abomination that is Alien: Resurrection retconned because, horrible movie is horrible!

BishopShouldGo

Do we really have to commit this body to the void? I won't do it with a glad heart.

The Alien Predator

I am relieved to hear that. I wasn't a fan of the ideas that Blomkamp was throwing.

Game_Over_Man

Blomkamp's Alien 5 may not go ahead...but I'm totally up for Refn's or Villeneuve's :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed