Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,567 times)

Corporal Hicks

That's enough from you. Please enjoy a 7 day sojourn from AvP Galaxy. If you're incapable of interacting with your fellow fans in a mature manner after that, we'll make it a permanent break.

cliffhanger

Back to the actual footage. I am thoroughly hyped up and excited by the positive feedback.

Just look at the poll alone; 138 votes, 8 thought it was 'meh' and a whopping 130 think it's awesome, that's 94.2 % as mentioned above.
so 94% that saw the footage think it's awesome, DESPITE the footage being very low in resolution to view, another viewer's silhouette blocking the view,
and being merely 2 parts of the movie alltogether.

Albert78

Albert78

Hello guys!!

Could you write here  what David says just at the end of the prologue?

Im spanish and have some doubts....He talks faster than I can undestand!!!

Thank you very much!!!

AsapJockey

Quote from: Albert78 on May 01, 2017, 07:58:16 PM
Hello guys!!

Could you write here  what David says just at the end of the prologue?

Im spanish and have some doubts....He talks faster than I can undestand!!!

Thank you very much!!!

"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair" 

its fromPercy Bysshe Shelley from "Ozymandias"

Albert78

Albert78

Thank you guys for your quick answers!!!

Egyptian influence?
Greeaaat!!!!!

Valaquen

It's been hard avoiding the clip... but I will persevere! Happy to see fans are excited, though. We can be the pickiest and most unforgiving lot sometimes.

Beardomorph

Quote from: Valaquen on May 01, 2017, 10:23:48 PM
It's been hard avoiding the clip... but I will persevere!

If you don't mind me asking... why are you avoiding the clip? It has been made to be watched before the movie's release as a bridge between Prometheus and Covenant and most of it won't actually be in the movie.

motherfather

motherfather

Hold on a moment. Let's cast our minds back to last year and that early leak of pompeii-esque still image...

In that scene on the steps, human-like shapes are seen battling what looks like Xenos. So wouldn't that mean Xenos were already on the planet BEFORE the arrival of the engineer ship and release of urn-bombs?

Otherwise it would seem a little too instantaneous for the release of the goo bombs to kickstart an evolution of xenos, and moments later wipe evrerything out, including the petrified remains of the xenos.

And in any case... How come the planet civilization has no sophisticated air traffic control system or ground to air defence capabilities? Surely it can't be as simple as David rocking up to their planet uninvited in order to trojan horse the heck out of everything.(Yes, its possible David could master their language and flute, but to a foolproof level?)

Unless... The engineers are so busy battling the Xenos, they don't have time to manually intercept the arriving ship. So the scorpion tail manages to finally go into auto-defence mode after the release of the goo bombs, eventually flnging the engineer ship aside to send it crashing and embedding itself precariously into the side of a hill.

Assuming the scorpion tail is a docking device, there has to be more than just last minute dock and go. What about comms systems and foolproof handshakes designed to intercept objects before they even reach planetary orbit, never mind the surface?

I'm just having a last-minute panic that the movie pulls a Prometheus - lots of breathtaking imagery and design, but beneath the surface very little makes sense.

Necronomicon II

tuskhaus

The Accelerant was probably turning some of them in Fifield like monsters, yes?

motherfather

motherfather

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 02, 2017, 04:21:05 AM
They weren't xenos.

What was the "thing" with the spindly legs at the top left of the steps then?

Why bother buliding a citadel unless you are protecting yourself from something and keeping it on the other side of the walls?

Necronomicon II

Something akin to the form of a xeno, I suspect, just like the original idea of the mutated Fifield where he turns into something xeno-esque, it's the effects of the pathogen.

motherfather

I can't believe there were no other life forms on that lush planet - only the civilization and plant life.

Necronomicon II

There may have been before the goo apocalypse ha.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed