Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,574 times)

rabidranger

The Engineer from Prometheus was 2000+ years old. My guess is these rubes from Covenant are the same race, different (less advanced) civilization. They probably look at the Prometheus dude as heroes. Aren't they cheering when David shows up? It's like Charles Lindbergh is landing.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Still think this is awesome? I thought it was laughable and a major sign that the film is not going to be any good. I wanted to be more specific why i thought it was so awful but got banned before i got the chance.

Now i seriously think that it's almost impossible to a depict a space travel in an alien spaceship (the legendary juggernaut no less) with a creepy android (who obviously has no good intentions based on it's previous behaviour) as your only companion in a more generic and unimaginative way. Prometheus was a flawed film but at least there was a possibilty to continue the story in interesting ways. There isn't even a hint of doubt or tension nor horror or drama. Just a banal montage of voice over exposition and a sequence of Shaw reattaching the head and drinking tea while using a f**king loupe on a actual paper map to find the engineers, give me break. Then we get to see how happy go lucky Shaw is using the alien ship control panel like some kid in a planetarium, ooh David drew a pretty picture and off to bed she goes. Did the surgery aborted her brain as well or did David put something in his tea, that made her behave like that. This isn't right. They could have at least made it interesting visually but no. The Nostromo is million times scarier than the actual alien spaceship, even Airbus is scarier than that. The whole thing feels like a fancy advert, which it really is. But don't tell me it takes place in the same universe as A L I E N 1979.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed