Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,585 times)

Sway

Quote from: palerider on May 03, 2017, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 03:05:08 PM
I don't think its the same planet. Besides, these covenant munchkin engineers have shrunk again in size. Probably by covenant movie 2, the engineers will be the size of lilliputians and we can all go off galavanting on some gullivers travels in space adventure.

I have to disagree with you. Those guys on paradise are not engineers. They are the offspring of the Blue guys that are the engineers, just like they offspringed us sacrificing themselves by drinking the goo. The engineers have probably  done this process thru out the galaxy.Those people on paradise,if you look closely to the released photos show a resemblence to the engineers, quite rightly so, because they carry the same DNA. Thats why they worship them.Gods to them.They created them just like us. Coming back to the opening scene in Prometheus I belive the seeding done was not earth but Paradise.

Now the million dollar question is, why on earth did David bomb those guys??!!

Because he perceives them as engineers, which they highly likely are. There's been nothing released that should lead use to believe that they are anything but.

Adorianu

Quote from: palerider on May 03, 2017, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 03:05:08 PM
I don't think its the same planet. Besides, these covenant munchkin engineers have shrunk again in size. Probably by covenant movie 2, the engineers will be the size of lilliputians and we can all go off galavanting on some gullivers travels in space adventure.

I have to disagree with you. Those guys on paradise are not engineers. They are the offspring of the Blue guys that are the engineers, just like they offspringed us sacrificing themselves by drinking the goo. The engineers have probably  done this process thru out the galaxy.Those people on paradise,if you look closely to the released photos show a resemblence to the engineers, quite rightly so, because they carry the same DNA. Thats why they worship them.Gods to them.They created them just like us. Coming back to the opening scene in Prometheus I belive the seeding done was not earth but Paradise.

Now the million dollar question is, why on earth did David bomb those guys??!!

No,they are Engineers,check here:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=57141.0

palerider

Then who are the Blue guys ???

cliffhanger

Evanus

He just looks blue because of the lighting in that pic.

Here:

Doesn't look blue to me.  ;)

palerider

Ahh you comedians....blue, white, grey, whatever...................then who are they ????

Evanus

Quote from: palerider on May 03, 2017, 10:29:20 AM
Ahh you comedians....blue, white, grey, whatever...................then who are they ????
They're.. uh, engineers.

palerider

........then the folk oozed on by David are humanoids seeded by these engineers, a total different race just like us fullstop.

Corporal Hicks

They're intended to be the Engineers, by all accounts. The crew referring to them as Deadgineers. The makeup difference is likely due to cost and effort of such a quick scene.

palerider

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2017, 10:41:44 AM

................... The makeup difference is likely due to cost and effort of such a quick scene.

That makes sense..........but still , there is a chaphel in their city where they worship , murals, big giant sculptured heads which look exactly like themselves...isn't that odd??!!.....OR is there another  being/God above these engineers ?..I belive when Shaw told Holloway that they found their maker.......Holloway replied "then who created them". It seems there is another deity that hopefully Ridley will reveal.

Predaker

Quote from: palerider on May 03, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

................... The makeup difference is likely due to cost and effort of such a quick scene.

That makes sense..........but still , there is a chaphel in their city where they worship , murals, big giant sculptured heads which look exactly like themselves...isn't that odd??!!.....OR is there another  being/God above these engineers ?..I belive when Shaw told Holloway that they found their maker.......Holloway replied "then who created them". It seems there is another deity that hopefully Ridley will reveal.

The engineers on LV-223 also had a giant head sculpture. Ridley said they are like the apostles or wise men.

shawsbaby

They're intended to be the Engineers, by all accounts. The crew referring to them as Deadgineers. The makeup difference is likely due to cost and effort of such a quick scene.

I am sure they also made an executive decision in production design that they might also look a bit different after 2,000 years. I doubt they were just uniformly comfortable not putting the same effort into the Engineer make up to save a few bucks.

Adorianu

Quote from: palerider on May 03, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

Why odd? we were and are building human statues as well...

Predaker

Quote from: shawsbaby on May 03, 2017, 01:25:13 PM

I am sure they also made an executive decision in production design that they might also look a bit different after 2,000 years. I doubt they were just uniformly comfortable not putting the same effort into the Engineer make up to save a few bucks.

The sacrificial engineer was potentially hundreds of millions of years before the incident on LV-223 and he wasn't made to be any different. They seem to be just fine not going through all the trouble of exactly replicating the Prometheus engineers for a huge group of extras in what is a nonessential and likely split-second close up.

For all the fuss, they don't actually look terribly different. I think a lot of this comes from their funny expressions and how their faces aren't like greek statues.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed