Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,573 times)

motherfather

motherfather

I still think the need to even erect a citadel is telling. Could they have been living alongside "something(s)" they needed to protect themselves from?

Sabres21768

Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 05:26:45 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 02, 2017, 04:21:05 AM
They weren't xenos.

What was the "thing" with the spindly legs at the top left of the steps then?

Why bother buliding a citadel unless you are protecting yourself from something and keeping it on the other side of the walls?
That was nothing more than multiple Engineers seen from that angle.
Ther is another pic of that same area seen from the side and you can see it's just Engineer bodies.

Adorianu

Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 05:49:51 AM
I still think the need to even erect a citadel is telling. Could they have been living alongside "something(s)" they needed to protect themselves from?

Dude you are looking too much into this,its just city with walls,just like we people were building ours.There was life but after David attack no anymore,and no Xenos,how they were created will be the point of this movie,he will from what we know create them,he is doing experiments on this planet.They will nor just randomly pop out from David attack xD.

motherfather

motherfather

I know I might be grasping at straws, but the mural in prometheus did seem to be pointing to a xeno-like creature that the engineers seemed to be in servitude/worship of.

Yes it could be the ultimate pure form of something they created from scratch. But it could also be something they found already existing and either worshipped "as is", or they optmized it via distilling its dna.

I guess I"m just in love with the idea that the xenos (maybe less lethal / more mortal) existed in some natural form until they were "supersized". That to me would be much more palatable than David having any hand in things or solving a puzzle the engineers couldn't capably manage on their own.

Heck even combining 2 existing species one with 4 limbs and a tail, and one with egg-laying abilities would be better in my mind than "a magic black goo did it all - with the help of David" explanation.

Adorianu

Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 07:43:46 AM
I know I might be grasping at straws, but the mural in prometheus did seem to be pointing to a xeno-like creature that the engineers seemed to be in servitude/worship of.

Yes it could be the ultimate pure form of something they created from scratch. But it could also be something they found already existing and either worshipped "as is", or they optmized it via distilling its dna.

I guess I"m just in love with the idea that the xenos (maybe less lethal / more mortal) existed in some natural form until they were "supersized". That to me would be much more palatable than David having any hand in things or solving a puzzle the engineers couldn't capably manage on their own.

Heck even combining 2 existing species one with 4 limbs and a tail, and one with egg-laying abilities would be better in my mind than "a magic black goo did it all".

The creature on the mural was Deacon :).In this movie though we see that Alien have more organic look,so yeah maybe David created this by his own,or there was recipe that he discovered and created this Alien and he will upgrade it to have biomechanical classic look we know.
Time will tell :).

palerider

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, if it has please forgive the duplication.

Question is, remember the opening scene in promehteus, the engineer sacrifices himself and as a result a new DNA/life is formed. We all tought that planet was earth. Could that planet be the one in Covenant, paradise ??...sure has the same atmosphere !

motherfather

I don't think its the same planet. Besides, these covenant munchkin engineers have shrunk again in size. Probably by covenant movie 2, the engineers will be the size of lilliputians and we can all go off galavanting on some gullivers travels in space adventure.

BUT, there is that black/charred spore pod floating up to the covenant crew's ear in the first trailer which seems to be the same color as the dissolving engineer in Prometheus.

Which brings me to another point. The Prometheus engineer dissolved, yet the pompeii covenant engineers don't dissolve but petrify. Unless there are 2 strains of goo - liquid to react with solvents like water, and black gas when airborne/spore particles.

episodenone

I'm sure you have all discussed this -- but even if David drops all the ampules and all the Engineers on Paradise die etc --- wouldn't there be some of them manning the docking station that would survive?

Adorianu

Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 03:05:08 PM
I don't think its the same planet. Besides, these covenant munchkin engineers have shrunk again in size. Probably by covenant movie 2, the engineers will be the size of lilliputians and we can all go off galavanting on some gullivers travels in space adventure.

BUT, there is that black/charred spore pod floating up to the covenant crew's ear in the first trailer which seems to be the same color as the dissolving engineer in Prometheus.

Which brings me to another point. The Prometheus engineer dissolved, yet the pompeii covenant engineers don't dissolve but petrify. Unless there are 2 strains of goo - liquid to react with solvents like water, and black gas when airborne/spore particles.

Dude you have NOTHING to compare if those Engineers are smaller lol.And spore have color as black goo because David infected entire planet with black goo....Did you even watched trailers ? or read stuff here?

rabidranger

The black goo is basically a MacGuffin. It becomes whatever is needed to advance the plot as it can both create and destroy depending on who is wielding it and to what effect. It seems to be programmable.

Adorianu

Quote from: rabidranger on May 02, 2017, 05:19:28 PM
The black goo is basically a MacGuffin. It becomes whatever is needed to advance the plot as it can both create and destroy depending on who is wielding it and to what effect. It seems to be programmable.
Hoping we will learn more about black goo in this movie.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

This prologue is hilarious; way to completely ditch the entire premise for your sequel with an 80 second hand wave. Oh look, she's reattached his head, isn't she kind! Oh look, they're buddies now! How sweet! Oh look, she's going to sleep. BYE! ::)

Quote from: Adorianu on May 02, 2017, 04:32:56 PMDavid infected entire planet with black goo

He bombed a small city in a valley - not an entire planet. And don't say that the goo spreads. We don't know that. The spores are encountered near the crashed Juggernaut.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

They were not exactly bitter enemies when we left them. Not in the final cut. Shaw and David were not fast friends but they had a tacit understanding of each other. That's what I found far more interesting at the end of the last movie, that tenuous relationship where she didn't just have venom for him but seemed to tolerate and accept him while firmly keeping him in line.

We also have absolutely no way of knowing how fast and far David's payload on the planet spreads; we have no metric for that. This imaginary black goo in this fictional sci-fi movie does not have a quantifiable measurement. We also don't know whether he deliberately seeded the rest of the environs.

Whos_Nick

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 03, 2017, 12:11:59 AM
This prologue is hilarious; way to completely ditch the entire premise for your sequel with an 80 second hand wave. Oh look, she's reattached his head, isn't she kind! Oh look, they're buddies now! How sweet! Oh look, she's going to sleep. BYE! ::)

Quote from: Adorianu on May 02, 2017, 04:32:56 PMDavid infected entire planet with black goo

He bombed a small city in a valley - not an entire planet. And don't say that the goo spreads. We don't know that. The spores are encountered near the crashed Juggernaut.

She hated him, but understood she needed him to get to Paradise. Which explains why she would reattach his head. So he could pilot the ship, like she asked him to.

palerider

Quote from: motherfather on May 02, 2017, 03:05:08 PM

I have to disagree with you. Those guys on paradise are not engineers. They are the offspring of the Blue guys that are the engineers, just like they offspringed us sacrificing themselves by drinking the goo. The engineers have probably  done this process thru out the galaxy.Those people on paradise,if you look closely to the released photos show a resemblence to the engineers, quite rightly so, because they carry the same DNA. Thats why they worship them.Gods to them.They created them just like us. Coming back to the opening scene in Prometheus I belive the seeding done was not earth but Paradise.

Now the million dollar question is, why on earth did David bomb those guys??!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed