Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,575 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 28, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Well, according to the leaks
Spoiler
David experimented on her. So I assume she dies because of that, somehow.
[close]

Which is a bit confusing, since he genuinely seemed to like Shaw in this clip. But perhaps he was lying.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. They could've shot that but then changed it during the test screening process.

Darth Vile

I suspect Shaw has a bigger involvement than we think... even if not in person...

shawsbaby

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 28, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Well, according to the leaks
Spoiler
David experimented on her. So I assume she dies because of that, somehow.
[close]

Which is a bit confusing, since he genuinely seemed to like Shaw in this clip. But perhaps he was lying.

Since David is narrating the prologue, I suspect he's an unreliable narrator...

Richman678

So I hear this will not be in the movie??? Then what is the point in releasing it? What is the point in cutting it off before you officially see David release the black goo on the Engineers down below? What is the point in having shots of Engineers with upset looks on their face?

Also don't forget David has loyalty to only one person. Peter Weyland. David purposely infected Holloway in Prometheus, which ended up killing him. David is not to be trusted at all, and would kill Shaw in a new york minute.

echobbase79

Also, I think the robe that David's wearing is Shaw's. I thought it was an Engineer robe (and it still could be),
Spoiler
but why would David wear her robe if he killed her?
[close]

Predaker

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 28, 2017, 10:08:44 PM
So I hear this will not be in the movie??? Then what is the point in releasing it? What is the point in cutting it off before you officially see David release the black goo on the Engineers down below? What is the point in having shots of Engineers with upset looks on their face?

Also don't forget David has loyalty to only one person. Peter Weyland. David purposely infected Holloway in Prometheus, which ended up killing him. David is not to be trusted at all, and would kill Shaw in a new york minute.

This prologue with Shaw won't be in the film, but the bombing scene probably will be.

Evanus

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 28, 2017, 10:08:44 PM

Yeah, but Weyland is dead. And I'm pretty sure David always wanted to be free. Now he is.

LV-12986

You can see shaws dog tags dangling above her in the prologue 0:28 but the question is, did she put them back on?

echobbase79

Could the part where David walks into the darkness of the ship be a metaphor for him going mad?

redalert51

I am thankful for fox and Sir Scott , for giving us a lot images and the prologue , but at the same time not giving away the actual plot..

Scorpio

Quote from: LV-12986 on Apr 29, 2017, 12:01:56 AM
You can see shaws dog tags dangling above her in the prologue 0:28 but the question is, did she put them back on?

No, because she's still wearing her cross.  Continuity preserved.

The debate can finally be put to rest now, but the question is where the dog tags come from and how did they end up where they ended up?

windebieste

That cross!   Gah!!!1! 

David takes it off Shaw while she's in the med bay.  Later, Shaw asks David "Where's my cross?" 

David replies "It was in the top draw of the desk in the medical bay when the Prometheus exploded but now it's in my pocket."

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

So, he might have taken it out of the draw and put it in his pocket.

tuskhaus

tuskhaus

That's not plot convenience, though. I totally buy David having Shaw's cross on his synthetic. David had always been curious of Shaw. He invaded her dreams, and most definitely developed a strange affinity for her as further proved by "The Crossing" prologue. He was intrigued by her beliefs and the continuation of those beliefs even after everything that happened to her.

It could also be seen as a metaphor for Shaw literally being robbed of her faith and innocence. "I'll need to take this - it may be contaminated." While no longer in possession of her cross, she learns that she's pregnant with the Devil/Dragon/Snake at the hands of David. She was tainted and David caused it.

windebieste

I wonder if she asked him for her lipstick, purse or bra, if David would have pulled them out of his pockets, too. 

I can just see Shaw standing there, demanding David hand everything back. lol.  "By the way David, what else do you have in your pocketses?  A ring of invisibility will be handy."

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed