Poll just for fun: New AVP movie if A:C and TP do well?

Started by D88M, Apr 25, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

Do you think we will get an AVP movie if Alien: Covenant and The Predator do well at the box office?

Yes
8 (29.6%)
No
13 (48.1%)
Dont care
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author
Poll just for fun: New AVP movie if A:C and TP do well? (Read 2,216 times)

D88M

As the question goes, if both of those movies do well we may see Alien/Predator become a trend again and the interest of the general audiences about these creatures ignited again, if so, the suit people will probably think about making money with another (hopefully good this time) AVP movie, or at least that is my idea, what do you think?

HuDaFuK

I honestly don't think we'll get one while Ridley is so hands-on overseeing his prequel series.

Infected

Maybe Cameron could do a good one, but his dick is stuck in the Navi people.

The Cruentus

AVP is a good concept but the movies were poorly executed. A new AVP film would firstly, need to be a reboot with no reference or connection the current avp movies, next, a competent director who could stand up to fox and ensure they do not meddle.

Obviously then a good story and cast and a continuity that will either fit in the current canon or can work as a standalone.

Samhain13

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2017, 09:22:37 AM
I honestly don't think we'll get one while Ridley is so hands-on overseeing his prequel series.

This, maybe after Ridley is done... but still its unlikely.

Would prefer a new avp game.

426Buddy

I hope not, I think an AvP film is just too difficult to pull off. It sounds perfect on paper but I feel like it can't be done without some amazing talent and lots of money.

I would prefer a new game instead.

The Cruentus

I concur, I would rather a new game as well. Though I am not against a movie, I just don't have faith it can work at the moment.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't see another AVP movie happening in this decade. I could see someone in the next decade (The 2020's), but not for a while. Fox probably wants people to forget that the AVP movies exist and remove the bad taste out of their mouth.

D88M

i agree with you all and that is what i fear, so i was thinking... what about a CGI movie? it would not be too expensive as a  live action one so there would not be so much fear of failing at the box office, i am thinking something like this quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4JVv94W6QQ i think it would be amazing
i was actually tyring to make an AVP script and then use the AVP2 game to make some scenes to get an idea but it was too difficult, what i was also thinkgs is on a mini-series, 6 episodes at most, with a high budget, i think the concept is great and a great movie could be made

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2017, 09:22:37 AM

I think that if the prequels are successful and Shane Black's film is successful and then they both leave, then we might see a new Alien vs. Predator. But we won't get one while both are still involved with the franchises as they both hate the crossover concept.

Alien Runner

AVP: 3000 by Alien Runner

In the year 3000, there is a civil war among androids and humans. The Androids have become too powerful enslaving both Humans and other planets with the help of their pets, the Aliens. The Predators saw the threat to organic life and allied with Humanity to wage war against the Androids and their Alien pets.

In the sequel to AVP: 3000, to make matters worse, the Aliens' intelligence over the centuries have developed and a sect broke away from their Android masters. They become the 2nd greatest threat to organic life.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...I couldn't care less.

Jarac

Don't care about AVP. It had two chances, and squandered both of them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed