Predators will be in Practical Suits - CONFIRMED

Started by germanator2, Apr 24, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

Author
Predators will be in Practical Suits - CONFIRMED (Read 3,819 times)

Keith

It wasn't even KPH who was doing the running. It was a stunt double.

echobbase79

Good to get a confirmation on this.

Anyway, I don't think Fox would do that to ADI considering how vocal they've been about practical effects since what happened to their work on The Thing.

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure we've known about this for quite a while. Nice for the reassurance for those worried though.

acrediblesource

i'd like to confirm my magical powers of premonition. The new predator will have Yatja gear but he will ultimately be the RiverGhost underneath exploring and expanding the Predator universe. Hopefully.

Feeds On Minds

^ for everyone here who hasn't read all of the comic books or novels...what? 

prettyokayusername

When do you guys reckon we'll get a first look at the predator(s)?

Ushella

Quote from: prettyokayusername on May 01, 2017, 08:01:14 PM
When do you guys reckon we'll get a first look at the predator(s)?

I reckon the second trailer. I feel like the first trailer will be along the lines of, "the hell is going on here?" ending with the sounds of the yuatja.

That or when there's a leaked pic somewhere, or Mr. Black decides to post it on his social media for some random reason.

Kadrin

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 01, 2017, 02:14:35 PM
^ for everyone here who hasn't read all of the comic books or novels...what?

The original Predator design (that Jean Claude Van Damme) was filmed in, before Stan Winston made the iconic creature we got in the movie inspired a creature in Predators called "the River Ghost" based loosely on the same original creature. It was used for a jump scare before being killed. I highly doubt it will feature in the upcoming movie

cliffhanger

Quote from: Keith on Apr 24, 2017, 03:24:24 PM
"I am standing on set next to a 7-foot tall gentleman in a Predator suit -- so no, it is not all CGI."

not "all" CGI.

Let's not kid ourselves here. There will probably be A LOT of CGI in this.

all you have to do is look at how amazing the practical suits and heads are for the alien in covenant (minus the body, still, not bad) and see how completely f*cked up it looks because after using practical effects, they cover it in an excessive amount of over-the top CGI.

don't expect any less for The Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed