The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 26,344 times)

Johnny Handsome

Well, no rushed post-production then. But still... fuuuuuuuuuuu...

SpeedyMaxx

Jesus, I didn't realize the field was that crowded til August.

Anthony

Anthony

Competition in August includes Scarface (which is probably gonna get delayed), Meg and Holmes & Watson, as well as an Untitled Disney Film and Amusement Park.

Pvt. Himmel

Plenty of time for Dutch's role to be expanded . :P

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 22, 2017, 05:14:08 PM
Competition in August includes Scarface (which is probably gonna get delayed), Meg and Holmes & Watson, as well as an Untitled Disney Film and Amusement Park.

That's a weak line-up, IMO.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Anthony on Apr 22, 2017, 05:14:08 PM

That's a weak line-up, IMO.

Yeah, Homes & Watson might get some money from the Adam McKay crowd and Meg will probably be like Warcraft Box office wise.

overthere

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 22, 2017, 05:06:48 PM
I agree. What do they have in August that'll be their biggest competition? Meg again? The Equalizer, maybe. Still early to see all the releases of August 2018, but it's a good month.

And if something big comes up in August? Delay it again?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: overthere on Apr 22, 2017, 05:24:51 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 22, 2017, 05:06:48 PM
I agree. What do they have in August that'll be their biggest competition? Meg again? The Equalizer, maybe. Still early to see all the releases of August 2018, but it's a good month.

And if something big comes up in August? Delay it again?

You know movies do this all the time for strategic release purposes, right?

Stealth_Hunter

Any guesses what the untitled DC film of July 27th could be, though?

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 22, 2017, 05:26:19 PM

I think that's gonna get removed. Or maybe WB is holding it for Gotham City Sirens.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 22, 2017, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 22, 2017, 05:26:19 PM

I think that's gonna get removed.

Yeah, DC is a shitshow at this point.

DavidCollins

Suck it up guys, we all want this movie to make a lot of money for the franchise to go on. If the studio thinks delaying this movie will bring in a lot of money i'm fine with that. We don't want this movie to flop , if it does, it leads to one thing and one thing only, the end of predator franchise.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: DavidCollins on Apr 22, 2017, 05:32:07 PM
Suck it up guys, we all want this movie to make a lot of money for the franchise to go on. If the studio thinks delaying this movie will bring in a lot of money i'm fine with that. We don't want this movie to flop , if it does, it leads to one thing and one thing only, the end of predator franchise.

I'm fine with a delay as long as the film makes it better and/or to heighten the chances of it being a success. I always suspected a delay, with a week before Black Panther and filming less than a year before release.

Xan21

Well isn't that annoying... but maybe a good thing.

Doomofman

Its been confirmed by other places now. Looks like Fox is announcing dates for lots of stuff today

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed